JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Check with the forrest service, there is one specific gravel pit that is ok for shooting. I cannot remember the exact location but it is the ONLY place I would advise if you don't want to get hassled.

Called the Skykomish Ranger Station and asked about 6021/6200. 6200 is closed the public, private property. The ranger didn't know about 6021. She also referred me to Jack Pass. Planning on checking this areas out on Sunday.

that would nice but the regular "map" version does show the national forrest boundaries. Sportsman Warehouse in Burlington has a pretty good selection of maps for $5 and $10. I need to pick some up next time I'm there.

Last Saturday I was up on the high side of the Reiter Rd area and did not see any signs on the gated turn out on the left hand side about 1.5 miles up. I found a lot of freshly dropped SG shells and started my cleanup there. I picked up a full bag of garbage and left the second bag for our own pop cans and casings. Just beyond the gate was easy access for my friend with a bum leg. We set up on the concrete block like a table and shot into the hill on the far side of the closed road. We shot lots 22 45 and 762 for most of the late afternoon with only a couple of drive ups. I hope this was an ok (legal) spot. We got away clean and had a great time. I'm likely headed there again this weekend on Saturday afternoon for more trigger time with the .22s

chrisp74 if you are heading up there again this weekend could check out NFR 6021 its the next road on the right just past Reiter?

From looking on the map if you were be the creek and on the north side of the road you should be fine. It looks like that area is NFS land.

If I went to the correct turn the road was blocked. Also went passed Index to check out Jack Pass. The road is washed out and probably won't be fixed till summer. So my friend and I hiked in today at the same spot where I parked last week. Went for quite a ways all the way up to the lookout at the cliff over Index. Not a soul to be seen and it was beautiful. I had one issue on my 15-22 of a fte and found out it has no trouble with the cci and federal cheapies.

as long as its DNR, County, or state land and your shooting in a safe direction

Yes. The signs on the gate are marked DNR and they prohibit motor vehicle use and specify pedestrian use only. YAY. It's a great area. I recommend the small quarry about 2.5 miles up for plenty of close to medium range action shooting, we plan more of on our next trip. There is many many safe places to shoot up there just be mindful of you'r backdrop and me! I will be headed up there in two weeks time if I can't sneak up there Sunday. Please keep it clean. I forgot to take a trash bag on our last trip so there will be a small assortment of old beer can's we found at road side and picked up to the road center for clean up on our next pass. I shoot rim fire there and wouldn't mind showing the way up to some other, respectful, small bore shooters.

If I went to the correct turn the road was blocked. Also went passed Index to check out Jack Pass. The road is washed out and probably won't be fixed till summer. So my friend and I hiked in today at the same spot where I parked last week. Went for quite a ways all the way up to the lookout at the cliff over Index. Not a soul to be seen and it was beautiful. I had one issue on my 15-22 of a fte and found out it has no trouble with the cci and federal cheapies.

Actually that road won't be fixed for 7 more years. I'm a property owner past where the road washed out. There is a gravel pit up on top of Jacks Pass that's real good for shooting but is a popular spot so company is likely. I've explored a few of the roads on the Beckler side and up on top of the pass. The road is gated a couple miles down the other side of the pass because of road damage and only property owners are allowed through for safety reasons. If anyone has questions about that valley feel free to let me know. We've had property up there for 10 years and stay there often.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top