JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went up to the gravel pit by Brown's camp today around one-ish and these guys are shooting next thing you know they're pulling out tanerite One and 2 pound cans I told him that was prohibited it says it right on the board both groups just kind of looked at me and shrugged their shoulders and proceeded to place it in the pit I really didn't want to stick around and be a part of that just especially if the State police showed up so I got in my truck and left.
Those are the kind of people that sit at home and hear about losing their rights to shoot here or shoot there and then wonder why, dumba$$

So, a standard trip to Brown's camp then....

Most people only go there once, and there's a good reason.

Try the logging road on the opposite side of the highway from the Brown's camp access, there's a few much less frequently used ares easily found up there. Or go past the brownscamp/fbi road and take the next turnout on the left about a half mile down the road. Take the steap gravel road up the hill and there is a spot less used there as well.

Remember a shovel and galon of water or you could get a fine during fire season.

I know the northside by far better than I do the south side of the highway.
I thought I'd run out to the horse camp to see if some friends were out there so I thought why I was near by stop at the pit and shoot few rounds and head out to the horse camp.

Haha. Browns camp. One of the last times I was there was right after I got my SCAR17 a few years ago. The place was full of the typical dual-wielding AK-47 spray and pray idiots. I walked up to the middle of the line and did a full mag dump of 308. The muzzle-brake worked cause most left shortly thereafter. Pretty clear range after that. :cool:

The key is to act just a bit crazier that the craziest one there and scare them off. :eek:

What's terrible is it was a nice range set up in my opinion, if a ranger was posted up there during shooting hours I would consider going back as it stands though I don't need any more holes in me so I'll be staying away. Too bad I had lots of fun riding qauds and camping up there I guess all good things come to an end.:mad:

What's terrible is it was a nice range set up in my opinion, if a ranger was posted up there during shooting hours I would consider going back as it stands though I don't need any more holes in me so I'll be staying away. Too bad I had lots of fun riding qauds and camping up there I guess all good things come to an end.:mad:

I used to shoot there before I got into TCGC. Once I was there I stopped going to Brown's Camp. However over time I got tired of not being shot at so I started shooting on the 300 yard range where I can go down and change targets while people shoot over my head. Sort of a nice compromise.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top