JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'll start this off by saying I am not a club member and shoot regularly on public land without benches. I'm on my shooting mat most of the time but work on field positions too. When September rolls around I usually go to a hunters sight in day and this year I went to 3 different ranges just to check them out and shoot a bit, I took different rifles to each range.
Of course firearm safety was of the highest priority at each range. The only issues I had were verification of caliber at one range because my handguard covers the 6.8 spc stamp and only being able to take rifle and ammo to the bench at another range, I usually use my own tools and tab gear bags. (say no to lead sleds)
With that said here's my list and ranking

1 Canby Rod and Gun
2 Salem Four Corners
3 Douglas Ridge

How was your hunters sight in?

you guys should check out Albany Rifle and Pistol Club sometime. that place is amazing.

ive been to clark rifles a few times with some buddies, id put it right up there with ARPC. its about 1/3 the size but its definately worth every second spent there. every time ive been to clark, the place is clean, orderly, the RSOs and other shooters have been very nice and helpful, and its only an hour away. ARPC is about 45 min from me or so.

ARPC - Tour

I was trying to focus on the Hunters Sight in and how the program is run for non club members. I know it can be a big fundraiser for some clubs and a community service for others. I did feel like just a number at one of the ranges.
There are some great clubs and facilities here in the NW for whatever your discipline is.

I was trying to focus on the Hunters Sight in and how the program is run for non club members. I know it can be a big fundraiser for some clubs and a community service for others. I did feel like just a number at one of the ranges.
There are some great clubs and facilities here in the NW for whatever your discipline is.
ahh i gotcha. i thought it was kind of a range review type thing. im with you now.

i do most of my shooting in on private land. :D

I went to ARPC this past Saturday morning (I'm not a member). The cost was $5 per rifle, and it was money well spent.

I took two rifles, and had them both hitting a target at 200 yards in short order. After signing in, a fellow helped me bring my range bag and guns into the shooting area. There was a roof overhead, and nice, sturdy shooting benches. An ARPC member sat beside the shooting bench, and used a spotting scope to see where my shots hit the targets. The targets were already in place, so all I had to do was sit there and shoot, adjust my scope, and shoot again. After each shot, the spotter would put a push-pin into a target he was holding, so I could see where each round went. He gave me advice about adjusting the scopes as we went along.

It was a completely positive experience. Everyone I met was friendly and helpful. The place is about 45 minutes from home, but I'm thinking of joining.

TCGC had their's last weekend and again this weekend. If you've been to one there, I would be interested in your feedback. It's always good to know how we are proceived in the eyes of non members while visiting the club (good and bad).

People get here for elk season and then sight in at camp. :mad::mad::mad:
The elevation change between my rifle range in the Portland area and where I hunt over east makes a noticeable POI shift. I always go to elk camp 2-3 days early to cut firewood and dial-in my rifle (about 20 miles from camp).

OP- Before I was a club member, I used to go to these sight-in days every year at DRRC, Estacada Rod and Gun, or wherever was close. Now I shoot year-round, so I know at least 3 of my hunting rifles are ready to go right now. Anyway, I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience at DRRC; it is my current home club. Unfortunately, they get so many people there on these sight-in weekends that it is difficult to give much personal attention. The good news is that most of those that help with the sight-in have some training (I had some bad experiences with another club's sight-in days several years ago).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top