JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sighted in my S&W (Howa) 1500 .30-06 the other day. Shot 10 rounds, the first 9 in 3 groups of 3. The last group of 3 shots was less than an inch and centered nicely. I told the spotter I'd fire one last round for good measure and it was a spinner. I want this rifle buried with me.:s0114: From what I've heard, this is not out of the ordinary for S&W/Howa 1500s and Weatherby Vanguards, which are all the same rifle made by Howa. Does anybody else have similar experiences with this model rifle?

Buddy traded (on NWFA, natch) for a 1500 in .223. At 100 yards (the limit at the range we were at) it made a single ragged hole. Since then, I've been looking for one for myself (probably in .308.) Feels nice, shoots nice, looks nice. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

+1
I have a Howa M1500 in .223 and it is a ragged hole'r with my handloads from sandbags. Does real well with factory ammo as well. It's one of my fav's.

I had a Vanguard in 7mm that would shoot very well at 100 yards, shot best w/ core-lokt's and winchester ballistic silvertips. The first time I shot it, it was my first time I'd gone to a shooting range and shooting from a bench at estacada firing range for hunter sight in. 3 shot groups under an inch, literally out of the box mounted w/ nikon buckmaster scope.

It was my first bolt rifle and I eventually sold it because I wanted something different. I miss the caliber and its accuracy, the rifle itself not so much. Reason: It was a pain to carry in the woods, tipped the scales on the heavy side.

If they said "Made in the USA" instead of made in Japan, they would outsell Remington, Ruger, and Winchester. They're great actions with decent barrels and stocks, well stocks get replaced anyway...

If they said "Made in the USA" instead of made in Japan, they would outsell Remington, Ruger, and Winchester. They're great actions with decent barrels and stocks, well stocks get replaced anyway...

True, sometimes I regret selling mine just because it shot so well. I would totally buy another one if I hunted different terrain or if they had a lightweight model.

I had a howa Lightning in 308 that was a sub moa shooter. Now I have a Weatherby Vanguard in 223 that's just getting broken in but already shoots really well.

I agree about the weight, that's why I sold my 308. It was my elk rifle and was just too heavy. The Vanguard 223 is a little lighter I think but still not a light rifle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top