JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well it sure must not work very well or we wouldn't be spending half a week looking for some moron lost hiker who can't stay on the trail. LOL

If someone thinks my life or habits are interesting enough to waste that much time on more power to them. I never buy from ads on my phone or computer I never do surveys I'm just to boring to care about.

Well it sure must not work very well or we wouldn't be spending half a week looking for some moron lost hiker who can't stay on the trail. LOL

If someone thinks my life or habits are interesting enough to waste that much time on more power to them. I never buy from ads on my phone or computer I never do surveys I'm just to boring to care about.

Coverage is spotty in many parks and wilderness areas. The coverage I have here at home is not good and I can see a cell tower from the edge of my property. Every cell tower has dead spots. When I had Verizon the two places that my phone was dead at was work and home, so I had to switch to T-Mobile. Now I use Sprint and that works well here and at work.

It isn't just a phone that can track you, it can be your car's navigation system too. Pretty sure mine works thru its satellite system to get traffic info and for downloads.

I turn off the GPS in my phone 99.9% of the time as it sucks the battery down and I don't need it most of the time. But some apps seem to turn it back on and of course the gov has their hacks to do that too, and then there is getting your general location by triangulation from the cell towers which can locate you within a couple hundred yards.

The gov. already knows where I am 90% of the time - either home or at work - and even the roads I take in between. I am not too worried about it - that will change when I retire.

A standard practice in all high security areas whether its government, military, law enforcement or industry is to ban the presence of cell phones. Some places have partial bans allowing for the presence of cell phones if the battery is removable and physically separated. The function to track your presence, activities, and more is already built into most smart phones and is a feature or selling point for many people. All modern phones have "debugging" or "testing" features to help cell phone providers identify and hopefully resolve problems on phones remotely. One of those features allows for the cell phone's microphone to be placed into "test" mode and turned on. This enables them to be turned into a remotely controlled listening devices. This isn't a conspiracy rant. This is policy and security best practices just about everywhere.

While I don't really care if someone wants to spy on me, the idea that someone can, anytime they want, creeps me out with the potential for abuse.

Navigation system in my cars ROFLMAO

98 Dakota still has a cassette deck in it

05 Ford Focus has an aftermarket Kenwood Stereo with nothing but radio and hard wire connections to USB or a 1/8" stereo type input

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top