JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Feds and some States, possibly including Oregon soon are cracking down on our ability to buy components, legally make firearms at home and possess privately made firearms. If you have been making firearms or were planning to make firearms at home, how will you adapt to any new restrictions? Will you give up the homemade firearm hobby? Will you serialize them? Will you look for ways to legally get around restrictions? Or will you just go about your business as usual and ignore any restrictions.

1673600312322.jpeg

With two mills, a lathe, plasma cutter, nine welders, I feel like Mark Serbu...j/k...I'm more like Cartman in drag...

Joe
Yes I see you… my initial thoughts were pretty narrow. Figuring on the 80% stuff, not considering the real hand made weapons from the ground up. So how does that get regulated….for say the beginnings of manufacturers….?

Everyone had a start somewhere…Colt, Browning, Keltec, PSA….Would untraceable be acceptable if you were only an FFL, ClassIII or had a business lic?

Of course they are after PMFs. They just tried to effectively outlaw the sales of all guns in Oregon. How else can people obtain firearms to exercise their rights? They can make them.

After that is done, next on the list is banning types of guns they don't like (aka "assault weapons"). The end goal is to add so many laws around the 2A that your 2A right becomes impossible to exercise. And on the horizon is confiscation....

Of course they are after PMFs. They just tried to effectively outlaw the sales of all guns in Oregon. How else can people obtain firearms to exercise their rights? They can make them.

After that is done, next on the list is banning types of guns they don't like (aka "assault weapons"). The end goal is to add so many laws around the 2A that your 2A right becomes impossible to exercise. And on the horizon is confiscation....
Yep it's like a one two punch with an added kick in the groin.

Exactly right.

6662CCAE-1744-4D73-866D-51D5D0585D75.jpeg

No. Not confiscation.
The Rambo Resolution;
"In a couple of weeks, you'll pick him up in Seattle or someplace, working in a car wash. - There'll be no fight and nobody else will get hurt."
Parkers First Rule of Law Enforcement- Make everything illegal, so they can jam you up on Something.
Everything about private Gun Ownership will be illegal, then ANY interaction with police and ANY thing gun related will result in arrest, search, then SEIZURE of....everything.

Joe

Not going to reply to a thread which looks like atf phishing. I know it's not atf phishing but it may be used that way in the future despite OP's intent. Thread ignored.

I am guessing here but I would say that the number of privately made firearm builders in Oregon is very very small. I would bet it's under 1% of the population and I expect there won't be much outrage over PMF restrictions.

Last Edited:
I am guessing here but I would say that the number of privately made firearm builders in Oregon is very very small. I would bet it's under 1%
Or less.

In my lifetime I have known many machinists, professional & hobby, all have been gun owners yet none have ever made guns - well except for one but he was making custom muzzleloaders.

Making a gun (in the traditional sense) would require a better than average knowledge of machining and metal working and would be a time consuming process - along with a minimum of equipment the average person does not have.

I read a lot of posts where some talk about making guns like it's some sort of kitchen table process anyone can do but that is not the case. Also I see the 3D 'printing' process' brought up many times and while I admit I only have basic knowledge of it I suspect if one had the equipment and ability to 'print' parts, say plastic frames/receivers there are still a lot of parts that will need to be machined - and that won't take place on a 3D printer.

I do a lot of hobby & part time welding & metal fabrication and some light machine work - and probably have more equipment than most average 'tinkerers' - but I am still a LONG way from having the ability to effectively 'make' a gun.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads