JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After reading through the ad again I see it mentions that a Contender rimfire firing pin is required. Any ideas on how an AR15 could be modified to strike the rimfire cartridge with one of these adapters being installed?

Last Edited:
This appears to be a slightly different design and has firing pin built into the adapter. Similiar concept though with adapter contained within the shape of the firearms cartridge type.

The type you show in post #3 should work in an AR. Because it provides the second firing pin that allows for an offset strike. Some time ago, I had one in this design that was 7.5x55mm Swiss down to .32 ACP. Which didn't need the offset, it was just made this way. The .32 ACP case made up what otherwise would be the mouth of a 7.5x55 Swiss case.

Having said the above, I've read that some people have had issues with AR actions getting coked up with combustion debris when firing adapted .22LR in them. The action isn't opening up by recoil, debris gets trapped in the action that might ordinarily be expelled through the working of the action. ,22 LR is about the dirtiest shooting ammo there is, short of black powder.

Re. the adapter made only for T/C arms, as mentioned in the original post. The T/C rimfire firing pin is designed such that it will strike the rimfire primer with the cartridge centered on the bore. It doesn't have it's own internal firing pin; cartridges fired in it take a direct strike.

If you are interested in added versatility for your shotguns, check out adapters ("sleeves") that may be had for adapting to centerfire pistol cartridges. I have two, 9mm Para. in 28 gauge, and .32 H&R Mag / ACP in .410 bore. When I had .30-30's, I had sleeves for a couple of .32 centerfires. I've also got a 12 ga. but as yet I haven't purchased any sleeves for it.

The type you show in post #3 should work in an AR. Because it provides the second firing pin that allows for an offset strike. Some time ago, I had one in this design that was 7.5x55mm Swiss down to .32 ACP. Which didn't need the offset, it was just made this way. The .32 ACP case made up what otherwise would be the mouth of a 7.5x55 Swiss case.

Having said the above, I've read that some people have had issues with AR actions getting coked up with combustion debris when firing adapted .22LR in them. The action isn't opening up by recoil, debris gets trapped in the action that might ordinarily be expelled through the working of the action. ,22 LR is about the dirtiest shooting ammo there is, short of black powder.

Re. the adapter made only for T/C arms, as mentioned in the original post. The T/C rimfire firing pin is designed such that it will strike the rimfire primer with the cartridge centered on the bore. It doesn't have it's own internal firing pin; cartridges fired in it take a direct strike.

If you are interested in added versatility for your shotguns, check out adapters ("sleeves") that may be had for adapting to centerfire pistol cartridges. I have two, 9mm Para. in 28 gauge, and .32 H&R Mag / ACP in .410 bore. When I had .30-30's, I had sleeves for a couple of .32 centerfires. I've also got a 12 ga. but as yet I haven't purchased any sleeves for it.
I have run a CMMG 22lr conversion kit in one of my ARs and it dirtied up the action big time.

I do have plans to buy some chamber adapters for my shotguns, one of these days.

Every project I come up with seems to require something I don't have. I need to try and focus on projects that I can complete with parts on hand. Easier said than done for me.

The goal I had for 22 adapter was to be able to fire a 22 or 25 cal blank out of my AR in manual loading mode. The CMMG 22lr conversion kit doesn't allow for that, it's semi-auto only as far as I know?

I have run a CMMG 22lr conversion kit in one of my ARs and it dirtied up the action big time.

I do have plans to buy some chamber adapters for my shotguns, one of these days.

Every project I come up with seems to require something I don't have. I need to try and focus on projects that I can complete with parts on hand. Easier said than done for me.
Gee, just wait till you buy a lathe....
Keep looking and you start to see some Bridgeports offered at incredible prices (it's because people don't know how to move them. I do!)

Joe

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top