Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How to drive a HMMWV in Iraq

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Chee-to, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;sAm0PpuTZgg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sAm0PpuTZgg[/video]

PBinWA and (deleted member) like this.
  2. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

Awesome, I needed one of those in Buenos Aires, Mexico City, and the Tunnels to NYC. ;)

3. pdx lefty

pdx lefty portland Active Member

I need one for my trip home after work, I'm not sure people that drive TV hwy realize the speed limit is 45 not 25.

Maybe a little bump would wake them up and invite the them to move to the right.

Lefty.

AMT and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Leon187

Leon187 Oregon Member

lol... at the end. "Guy has a finger up is nose... not a care in the world."

5. sixfoot674

sixfoot674 canby Member

i fell like driving like that ALL the time! haha. just dont think people would take a bull bar on the front of a corolla seriously.

6. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

LMFAO!!!!!!

YEAH BABY!!

7. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

Kinda sad, I think. But that comes with occupation.

8. JackFrost

JackFrost Central Oregon Active Member

AWESOME!

9. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

This should be part of driver ed.

10. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

COOL! and not a one one finger salute.

11. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

OMG, is that all I have to do to get down Freemont at the posted speed of 30, instead of 20-22mph??

IN MY DREAMS!

Mike
    Gold, 1969 Chevy 3/4 ton beast.

12. Stomper

Hey Raz,

They hate us because we exist, but I won't get into geo-politics or argue my take on "cultural practices" in that part of the world, however I would agree with you if they were ramming cars right off the road. They were only giving them "love taps" to get their attention and let them know they meant business as they were OBVIOUSLY (notice them laying on the "beeby" horn?) going somewhere in an emergency.

I know it obviously offends your sensibilities because you (currently) live in a "civilized" society that generally sticks to "rules of civility" and things move about in an orderly fashion (and you hail heritage East of that general region), but believe it or not that is quite normal in a day's driving in MANY parts of the world that are "less developed" (I've pulled duty in more than a few), case in point... you didn't see ONE angry return gesture from a SINGLE person in that video, and it wasn't because they were afraid they'd be tortured and shot... like in Sadam's time.

Take a chill-pill and go bump-fire something. ;)

13. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Do you have any idea at all why they are driving that way?

EMP9596 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Bump to pass. I approve.

15. Akathepriest

Akathepriest Astoria, OR Active Member

You shouldn't support this crap. This is Blackwater mercenary footage, we pay these people to protect these civilians and here they are abusing them.

16. juden666

juden666 Skagit Member

I have a buddy who used to drive Strykers. He is pretty bubblegumed up from that style of driving. There standing orders were if they dont move go over them. Long story short he ended up running over a guy and his young kid. He could see the young kid in the back seat waving and being a young kid but the guy driving wouldnt move so he closed his eyes and gunned it. He is still tore up about it.

17. SIG383

SIG383 Graham, WA Well-Known Member

Reason we bumped to pass was due to the large amount of IEDs and ambushes that involved a vehicle. One would drive slow in front to slow our vehicles down in the "kill zone." That, or would open fire from the vehicle....we didn't bump to pass, just to be jerks.

PBinWA, AMT, JennyC and 3 others like this.
  18. Stomper

The extremist muslim leaders that endeavor to rule these people have publicly stated they hate us because we are infidels and we exist. Obviously not ALL Muslims think this, but plenty do. All the benevolence, humantarian aid, technological aid will not change this.

As for police bumping a car from the rear to pass, I am all for it if the driver is being a stubborn mule and won't yeild. Furthermore, we are not talking about here in the U.S. We are talking about "turd whirled" driving practices where it is often more dangerous on the sidewalks and opposing lane, than the middle of the road is. I have driven in 5 different third world countries.... WOO! IMHO the driver in that video displayed exquisite skill in cutting through that traffic like he did.

As for attrocities committed in war (and occupation)... It sucks, and they should be tried, convicted, and punished appropriately.

I could have sworn I saw you post in another "heated" thread a while back that you were of Iranian descent, if I'm mistaken... My bad.

As for your bump-fire videos with the put-on "Arnie" accent... I enjoy them and get a kick out of how much fun you are obviously having.

Peace!

19. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

All you need to happen is get slowed down enough or stopped to ambush, or a suicide bomber get close enough to pull the fireing device, or hang a satchel charge on the vehical and do a remote. The people there know exactly why the troops move around the way they do. Some of the people there do not want to be anywhere near that vehical. If you have not lived the situation then you have no idea..

just say'n

SIG383, mjbskwim, PBinWA and 3 others like this.
  20. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

My point exactly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.