JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pretty good article it would appear. The one thing they didn't mention is that the group in number five may change if they experience a close up and personal event. But they probably won't without one.

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk 2

Histeria and fear is based solely on the unknown. All my liberal minded friends thinks i am a crazed doomsday prepper or looking for a confrontation so i can use firearms. Neither of which is true and I just happen to really like firearms. So i found the best way to "combat" anti gun sentiment is to use logic in my explanation or simply ignore them. You just can't win every argument and people tend to resist more when they can't rebute my logic.

Histeria and fear is based solely on the unknown. All my liberal minded friends thinks i am a crazed doomsday prepper or looking for a confrontation so i can use firearms. Neither of which is true and I just happen to really like firearms. So i found the best way to "combat" anti gun sentiment is to use logic in my explanation or simply ignore them. You just can't win every argument and people tend to resist more when they can't rebute my logic.
Your friends aren't liberals then. If they were liberal they would keep an open mind to the possible factors that would cause one to prep for a bad day.

Your friends aren't liberals then. If they were liberal they would keep an open mind to the possible factors that would cause one to prep for a bad day.

And then tell you that you don't need a gun because we have the police to protect us. and if it were not for guns we would not need protection from guns.:cool:

I once had a conversation with a liberal gun owner (yes there is such a thing) and this is what he said "Oregon gun laws are too liberal" is that a oxy moron ? i don't know.

this was in regards to the instant background checks he felt that there should be a longer waiting period among other things.

I once had a conversation with a liberal gun owner (yes there is such a thing) and this is what he said "Oregon gun laws are too liberal" is that a oxy moron ? i don't know.

this was in regards to the instant background checks he felt that there should be a waiting period among other things.

<------Yes, there are liberal gun owners, and waiting for the instant background check to be completed is a long enough wait for me.

and I always fall back on the fact the the word "liberal" has been turned on its head. If someone wants the government to control every aspect of their and everyone else's life, they are not liberal - they are some form of a statist. Their beliefs have no basis in personal liberty, which is where the term liberal came from.
Myself, most of the time I just ignore anti-gun people as there is usually no convincing them otherwise; although there are those who own guns and the idea that those individuals are armed gives me the chills.

first of all why are you talking with crazy people, just stay clear of those freaks they are very unstable and act on their feelings and not facts. They tend to be easily frightened and confused. Stay away from them for your safety.

One of the most liberal people I'd ever met (Birkenstock wearing Portland State Philosophy professor Larry Bowlen) stunned a room full of liberal students when he declared full support for the 2nd amendment and citizen access to weapons and guns of all sorts. When the jaws were picked up and people could start to argue with him...the stunned question they all asked was: "Why?" (I'd just gotten out of the army and although I didn't own a gun then may have been the only 2nd amendment supporter in the room, and even I was sort of on the fence back then)

He simply said: "I trust all of you more than I trust politicians. Think about all the people you personally know, even look around this room. Ask yourself, do you trust the people you know: your friends, your neighbors, your fellow students and your loved ones more or less than you trust politicians. Who do you trust more? That's the question you need to answer for yourself. Think about it."

You could have heard a pin drop.

One of the most liberal people I'd ever met (Birkenstock wearing Portland State Philosophy professor Larry Bowlen) stunned a room full of liberal students when he declared full support for the 2nd amendment and citizen access to weapons and guns of all sorts. When the jaws were picked up and people could start to argue with him...the stunned question they all asked was: "Why?" (I'd just gotten out of the army and although I didn't own a gun then may have been the only 2nd amendment supporter in the room, and even I was sort of on the fence back then)

He simply said: "I trust all of you more than I trust politicians. Think about all the people you personally know, even look around this room. Ask yourself, do you trust the people you know: your friends, your neighbors, your fellow students and your loved ones more or less than you trust politicians. Who do you trust more? That's the question you need to answer for yourself. Think about it."

You could have heard a pin drop.

Yep, I'm a liberal like Larry Bowlen, except for the Birkenstocks. I'd prefer Danners.

It's worth engaging anti-gunners in debate, but more to educate the fence-sitters than to convert the committed on the other side. That's why it is super important to be polite during these debates, even with the craziest dingbats. Keep it civil, factual, and historically-based, and for every dingbat that fails to understand the logic or overcome their own fear and programming, you'll educate and convince an unknowable but significant number of bystanders. And even the dingbats will generally be forced to admit "you're ok, it's those <insert stereotypes here> others that I'm afraid of."

I say let the antigunners get beat to within an inch of their lives waiting for the cops to show up. If that isn't education up close and personal, then I don't know what is.

Oh, a mentally ill neighbor is a good lesson as well.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews