JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
War on guns has gained momentum through attacks on them in the media

It is difficult to say when the attacks on firearms and firearms ownership began in this country. It certainly has gained momentum in not a few decades.

Of course the first attempts at disarming Americans came from King George III who directed General Gage to lock up all the colonists' guns in a town called Concord and many know how that turned out.

The domestic beginning could be in the big cities of the east when the city dwellers formed police departments that were supposed to protect the citizens so the average denizen might have no use for firearms against robbers, murders and muggers or so they thought. Those big cities were also the bedrock of our nation that birthed the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. Strange development!

The "Black Codes?"

Maybe after the civil war when the "Black codes" came about to disarm black people by force of renegade militias and armed bands some of which evolved into the KKK before some finally observed that "the people" meant what it says, all the people may bear arms.

When the motion picture industry began, the themes of the "talkies" were meant as entertainment with no political motive but that quickly changed into a vehicle to relay specific political messages through subliminal scenes at first and then more specific programming later on.

The movie industry has since developed into a juggernaut of political agendas and unrestrained violence in the name of entertainment.

My earliest recollection of this bias was the movie "Bambi" where the cuddly, soft brown eyed fawn was tragically told of his father's killing by a nasty old hunter. Then Disney entered with much more specific themes directed towards anti-hunting and anti-gun programming.

From then on many movie themes have centered on agenda driven plots, unrestrained gun violence and continual denigration of lawful hunters, hunting methods and law abiding possession of firearms. They continually display dangerous and unsafe use of firearms and completely ignore the proper competitive, recreational and defensive use of those lawfully owned guns mostly because there is no bloody body count or violent rampages or spectacular movie staged gun fights with no basis in reality. Is it any wonder that impressionable youngsters try to emulate what they view if an opportunity presents itself?

TV follows

The more recent television industry has followed suit with specifically dictated programming that denigrate, demean and disrespect law abiding American citizens and their constitutional rights.

A steady stream of programming is specifically directed at portraying the average citizen as a buffoon and too stupid to lawfully and safely use dangerous mechanical devices without injuring him/herself or others. Back in the fifties a great example was the Andy Griffith show where the utmost ignorance of any gun safety rules was aired frequently with the bumbling deputy Barney Fife and the frequent dangerous accidental discharge of his service revolver in close proximity to others that was supposed to be funny.

The major TV networks have evolved into organs of distinct political bias against lawful gun ownership and refuse to recognize the proper and safe use of firearms enjoyed by millions of Americans on a daily basis. They continually provide free air time to leftist causes that wish to abolish a constitutional right while ignoring patriots that uphold all of the constitution. They have even refused offers to buy airtime for causes that do not agree with their anti gun programming.

New projects

Also in the last century gun control advocates started naming their new projects with names such as: Handgun Control Inc (now the Brady Campaign), Violence Policy Center, Moms Demand Action, and more recently The Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, Everytown for Gun Safety, Americans for Responsible Solutions (now just Gifford's) and a host of now defunct similar anti-constitution organizations.

Years ago Nelson W. "Pete" Shields, founder of the now named Brady Campaign, developed a plan of action for his new organization that is now used by major media to never show anything related to firearms or firearms owners in a positive light. They are to be viewed only in negative situations and firearms are to be castigated at every opportunity in hope that they become socially unacceptable and thus easier to abolish.

My earliest recollection of this bias was the movie "Bambi" where the cuddly, soft brown eyed fawn was tragically told of his father's killing by a nasty old hunter.
Yea - hence us hunters having to hear all our lives, 'Are you going out to kill Bambi?'

We all should know that an ongoing attack on firearms and gun ownership has been going on for most if not all of our lifetimes.

Which is one of the reasons I say that whatever you do with a gun speaks for all gun owners.
Please be careful and respect all safety rules when doing anything with your guns.

Like it or not when you are doing anything and you are known as a gun owner , you can be seen as an example of what all gun owners are like or more importantly set a example or reinforce a idea ( good or bad ) that someone has about guns and gun owners etc...
We all should be good "ambassadors" when it comes to firearms...

Note I am not saying that one should "roll over" or become a "door mat" for everyone who dislikes guns...
Just take that extra moment to be sure that you are not "That guy" , that wrecks it for us all.
Andy

I am always reminded by this kind of story of the musings by John Browning in the mid 20's. There was considerable pressure for gun control going on at the time. His last design was the great Superposed over under shotgun actually finished by his son Val after John's death. John when asked about putting so much effort into a sporting arm said "it would be the last weapon the gun grabbers would go after" ..........the 1928 gun control act was very controversial, was only passed after considerable time and energy. It has never been fully tested in the Supreme Court either..............there is nothing new in the world.

Guns represent Individual Liberty!

The real prize is to take away I.L.; notice how the Left seems to hate everything Individual..transpo, housing, thought, income/wealth, health (immunizations), nutrition, information, education, voting, self defense, employment, energy consumption, business, and/or ownership of any kind.

But the gun is much more than a sordid symbol of Individual Liberty; the gun is the "grantor" of it.

Sometimes, I wish something new would come along, so the Left can focus on that instead of our kinetic "pedigrees"; perhaps a directed energy weapon like a magnetic pulse, glue gun, or particle beam.:confused:

Well my interpretations of the last two or three generations is that they don't know or care that they have rights. They would much rather denounced their rights and take yours and mine right down the tubes with them
This is what has to stop in America because we all know that we are no longer the United States, we are divided!!!:mad:

I have to saya lot of it happened just after the Civil War where towns could put a ban on firearms in order to keep the peace.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top