JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting article, I particularly like this little gem:

[The law] had nothing to say about assault weapons because they weren't available for civilian purchase and gun owners weren't interested in assault weapons; sales were tiny until the mid 1980s...

Well, "assault weapons" still require a tax stamp and are not generally available to the public, per se...

But somehow I remember seeing advertising that led me to believe Colt had been selling AR's to the public since the 1960's....

It's a Time article, didn't realize they were still around...

I'm, sorry, the article's vague innuendo without any semblance of validity and this is unbelievable, this but one of the atricle's paragraph from the article quote:

One of the great myths is the idea that gun-control laws are an artifact of the modern era, the 20th century. Gun laws are as old as America, literally to the very early colonial beginnings of the nation. From the beginning of the late 1600s to the end of the 1800s, gun laws were everywhere, thousands of gun laws of every imaginable variety. You find virtually every state in the union enacting laws that bar people from carrying concealed weapons. That's something people don't realize. Cited article Unquote.

Now this is an exemplary discussion regarding examples of laws in the early 1700s...

[WP 2012 article with specificities: In 1619, the Virginia House of Burgesses passed a law making the transfer of guns to Native Americans punishable by death. Other laws across the colonies criminalized selling or giving firearms to slaves, indentured servants, Catholics, vagrants and those who refused to swear a loyalty oath to revolutionary forces. Guns could be confiscated or kept in central locations for the defense of the community https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...7eefac2f939_story.html?utm_term=.16b668e58f0f]

This is a horrific article and not a realistic overview and I have idea what it's purpose was in it's release.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top