JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My EDC has recently changed to a complete thug getup. 1) they'll miss me anyway and 2) confusion over which gang I'm down with might cause them to hold fire.
All is fair in a gunfight. Cover behind a vehicle, shot em in the footies from under the car, then double tap em after they kiss pavement.

The crayon munchers got it right. "Improvise, Adapt, Overcome".

I would say big factors are how you carry it and whether it's in your vehicle or not.

I'm happy with an on-body carry pistol. If needed I can add my 556 brn-180 10.5" barrel (same size as an mp5 when both braces are folded) as a truck gun or off body carry (I have a mid size sling pack that opens with a single pull of the Velcro).

I also have shoulder holsters that will carry my mp5k clone, Stribog, or brn-180 but they are awkward to carry so not sure that's a good way unless you are wearing a jacket and don't mind carrying the weight.

Also I suppose a person's "truck gun" can be whatever gun/size they want to carry in the vehicle. I prefer the smaller guns with collapsible/folding stock because it can be easily put into action inside the vehicle because it's so small. Also you can deploy the brace if needed for use outside the vehicle or for stabilization. Another benefit of having a truck gun in a small pack or sling bag is you can take it with you easily when you leave the vehicle, especially if it looks like an ordinary backpack or sling bag and not not a "tactical gun bag".

Photo of an example single pull sling pack for off body carry. It's carried on your back and to deploy you grip the Velcro tab with your non-dominant hand, swing bag to the front, and pull. Then you grab the pistol grip with your dominant hand and pull out. It's actually very fast and intuitive to deploy.

E43858CE-CAD6-41DC-A1D5-C09A810F8CD8.jpeg

For gas station example u could have truck gun in the pack on the seat or floor next to you so u could grab it anytime easily. Then let's say you stopped at gas station and went to pay inside. Just grab the pack and take it with you. Gun is always in your possession and ready to go with one pull of the Velcro/zipper.

Last Edited:
My EDC has recently changed to a complete thug getup. 1) they'll miss me anyway and 2) confusion over which gang I'm down with might cause them to hold fire.
Sounds like a good way to get shot by a cop or by a good guy with a gun. If you dress like a flower bees will treat you like a flower. (I learned that by trying to garden wearing a flower- print shirt.)

Get this, they actually make a Double Stack 1911 now, it's crazy I tell ya, you can carry the same round count as all the wonder plastic fantastics now!
Mine is 16+1 of 10 mm auto!
Now now...I know, for perfectly certain, that the mere sight of your knife hand is more dangerous than 17-rds of 10mm Owtoe.
1664821298039.png
For those who are unfamiliar, here is a photo for demonstration purposes. (Poor hand angle and unforgivable gapping between the fingers...)
Ura-Ki's actual hand is much larger and, when in the properly angled command position, shoots flaming daggers and hissing cobras directly toward the target's face. :D

If I wasn't a chronic OMBS sufferer, I would join in on that 10mm double stack goodness. I don't have any plastic frames, but I do have a little single stack 45ACP on its way. I will post a picture if it doesn't get lost in the mail.

Much Respect TOML :s0160:

Discussions like this always remind me of Officer Timothy Gramins. :cool:

I know SGT Grammins. From back in that area. Lots of logic in his new thoughts on enough ammo. He's a member of swat last I knew.

As far as having enough firepower there's a plethora of ways to approach the situation. Obviously the firearm in the video provides us with some insight into the question that you ask.

Did it matter what they were carrying? Nope.

How many rounds in the magazine? Nope.

What caliber is being used? Nope.

Lights? Optics? $2k or $400 firearm? Nope. Nope. Nope.

What matters and has always mattered (outside of removing corrupt politicians) is training and being cognizant of your surroundings and reacting to whatever situation arises.

So I saw this on YouTube last night. It's a shootout at a gas station between some thugs. Looks like they are carying lightly concealed carbines.

I will be the first to admit that I have generally not carried what I would consider as adequate firepower to deal with a situation like this. I have generally carried handguns with single stack magazines or revolvers. Multiple people armed with carbines is just not a scenario I plan for (except when I lived on the Mexican border). Is this the kind of scenario you personally prepare to deal with on a daily basis?
On the bright side these Idiots don't have sights on there guns.
And even if they did they probably don't know how to use them.
So as long as you could get some cover to stop bullets.
You probably have a chance at taking aim and hitting them.
Or just get the hell out of the area.

Gas stations are bad places to not pay attention to what's going on around you.
I see so many people pumping gas and looking at there phone.
Oblivious to what is going on around them.
SO MUCH BAD STUFF HAPPENS AT GAS STATIONS.
Parking lots also

Now now...I know, for perfectly certain, that the mere sight of your knife hand is more dangerous than 17-rds of 10mm Owtoe.
View attachment 1286321
For those who are unfamiliar, here is a photo for demonstration purposes. (Poor hand angle and unforgivable gapping between the fingers...)
Ura-Ki's actual hand is much larger and, when in the properly angled command position, shoots flaming daggers and hissing cobras directly toward the target's face. :D

If I wasn't a chronic OMBS sufferer, I would join in on that 10mm double stack goodness. I don't have any plastic frames, but I do have a little single stack 45ACP on its way. I will post a picture if it doesn't get lost in the mail.

Much Respect TOML :s0160:
All you need is a knife hand if preformed correctly.

727E4AA5-0306-4BF8-A2F2-D7FD965559F7.jpeg 440ED451-615B-4A45-ABC5-2747C25098AC.jpeg

A good gun belt and well designed / made holster , helps to keep this from happening.
That said....
Finding such a thing as a good gun belt and holster is a time consuming and expensive process.
Andy
I know you guys are Being sarcastic, but try next belt.
You can find them on Amazon for about 80 bucks, but they are the ultimate best EDC belt ever. They have a ratcheting system they will keep your Roscoe in place all day long!

There is no such thing as a perfect gun belt for everyone.
You have to set your kit up for YOU.
nobody can tell you what you want.
Set your kit or belt up the way it works for you.

Yes, you are right! This works the best for me. I have bought so many belts from big name brands (galco, safari, etc) and found i love the Nextbelt! Great to click out at Thanksgiving when too much food!

There is no such thing as a perfect gun belt for everyone.
You have to set your kit up for YOU.
nobody can tell you what you want.
Set your kit or belt up the way it works for you.
Yeah, some of us don't wear belts. I know that guys do, but you ever seen belt loops on a skirt? They're about as rare as unicorns. The Enigma from PHLster is a fantastic rig that secures your holster independent of your clothing. Unfortunately, no one makes a compatible holster for it that fits my little Beretta. Kydex belly bands are not really that great and ride up. You guys have it easy.

Yeah, some of us don't wear belts. I know that guys do, but you ever seen belt loops on a skirt? They're about as rare as unicorns. The Enigma from PHLster is a fantastic rig that secures your holster independent of your clothing. Unfortunately, no one makes a compatible holster for it that fits my little Beretta. Kydex belly bands are not really that great and ride up. You guys have it easy.
If you want to carry a gun.
You have to adjust what you wear.
I know it's really hard for women to carry a gun and still wear sexy stuff or just normal clothes.
It's hard to hide a gun unless it's in your purse.
But that's a bad option also

If you're looking for a belt go with Ares Aegis enhanced. You won't ever need to buy another belt.

If you want to carry a gun.
You have to adjust what you wear.
I know it's really hard for women to carry a gun and still wear sexy stuff or just normal clothes.
It's hard to hide a gun unless it's in your purse.
But that's a bad option also
I have discovered a solution that works. Go buy one-piece shapewear (fits like a one-piece swimsuit) at Kohls or Target and attach your kydex bellyband to that. It can't ride up, or slide down. All you need is a sewing machine.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top