JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To me it seemed to be rivals discovering they were both at the same gas station and getting into a gun battle.

Bystanders appeared to be at risk only from the wildly inaccurate gunfire. But what shocked me was how heavily armed they were. It used to be that such situations tended to involve handguns and shotguns. I experienced a couple of drive-by shootings back in the 80's. There's a big difference between an idiot firing off a couple of buckshot rounds as they drive by and what's in that video. The thugs are better armed now, clearly. Fortunately, they still shoot just as poorly.
It makes you wonder if there is a difference between armed big city gangs (handguns concealable on their person) and other areas where vehicles are more readily in use... and subsequently more less concealable AR type pistols and rifles are more common(?)

I had a family member hit during a drive by with an sks. The guy was picked up several days later in a traffic stop with it concealed in the backseat of his vehicle. More like it was SOP for him rather than only taking it along for hits. If it can be readily available, it kinda makes sense they'll use as much firepower as they can get away with(?)

Last Edited:
It makes you wonder if there is a difference between armed big city gangs (handguns concealable on their person) and other areas where vehicles are more readily in use... and subsequently more less concealable AR type pistols and rifles are more common(?)

I had a family member hit during a drive by with an sks. The guy was picked up several days later in a traffic stop with it concealed in the backseat of his vehicle. If it can be readily available, it kinda makes sense they'll use as much firepower as they can get away with(?)
That makes sense. But they were clearly trying to carry those carbines into the gas station when the shooting broke out. That strikes me as odd.

I learned as a 10 year old kid, ALWAYS carry a Rifle in your rig, or have one CLOSE to hand at all times! We had a vagrant come wandering through and was poking around the farm, Grand Dad grabbed his M-1 Carbine and told us to grab our rifles and follow him! Long story short, the dude took off with out drama, though likely filled his britches in the process!
In my Youth, that rifle was my Marlin 336 in .35 Rem, and in my 20's it was a Win Mod. 70 in .243, and later, it was a Schmidt & Rubin chambered in .308!
Today, it's one of the classics, ether my 1903a3 Sporter, my Mauser 98 Sporter, or my Winny 95 Lever, all in .30/06! For trouble we know, or suspect is coming, in the old days, it was the M-1A and now, it's the FN/FAL with the AR as backup! Back when we were kids, nobody carried a pistol bigger then a .22, Not until I was 16 did I decide I needed a real pistol, so I bought a Colt 1911, and then later on, a Colt Detective .38 Snubby!

Today, I ALWAYS carry a Rifle in my rig, doesn't matter what rig, the rifle(s) always follows me! Most days, that's the little Carbine AR SBR, and it's usually followed by the Para FN/FAL Carbine, or the full size FAL rifle, and I ALWAYS have my 1911 tucked away in it's shoulder holster, or some times, it's the Colt Anaconda in a new shoulder rig, depending on where i'm going! I also Fly a lot, so I carry, usually the same as above, but most times it's just the pistol and the AR Carbine, and maybe one of the Bolty's or the Winny Lever, again, it depends on where i'm going!

Providing you are not the target, drawing your sidearm is optional. Going small behind cover can be your best friend. Choose your battles/opportunities
THIS.....

Applied to the thread scenario, anything else besides alert withdrawal makes you a voluntary participant or suicidal. Neither earns you a medal, "duty to retreat" !

And yes ! "Old man butt" is a thing. Why don't we see a nationwide effort to end that ?
I find a maintained multi-pocket vest useful. I have a few with forward slant holsters sewn inside.
Just don't forget and put the munchies in the wrong pocket !
"Death by Cheetos" ?

Four.

1664766892475.png

Last Edited:
Can't give up that 1911? ....Get yourself 10 magazine file cabinet heaven!
stroud.jpg

Battling a testy TV? ...Gear up generously! (shameless TV thread reference)
juan_b.jpg juan_a.jpg 1664764852798.png

OMBS got you pants in the dirt? Hang them guns on your shoulders to keep your buns from being sunburnt! :s0066:
1664768837974.png
Please donate now to support those suffering from OMBS...Text OMBS and a donation of a dozen apple fritters will be delivered to a Old Man in your area.

Can't give up that 1911? ....Get yourself 10 magazine file cabinet heaven!
View attachment 1286111

Battling a testy TV? ...Gear up generously! (shameless TV thread reference)
View attachment 1286112View attachment 1286113View attachment 1286073

OMBS got you pants in the dirt? Hang them guns on your shoulders to keep your buns from being sunburnt! :s0066:
View attachment 1286107
Please donate now to support those suffering from OMBS...Text OMBS and a donation of a dozen apple fritters will be delivered to a Old Man in your area.
Get this, they actually make a Double Stack 1911 now, it's crazy I tell ya, you can carry the same round count as all the wonder plastic fantastics now!
Mine is 16+1 of 10 mm auto!

If Kotex wins in November, my wife wants to move to North Houston to be close to her sister. With so many of these videos coming out of the Houston area I would insist on a high capacity truck gun or car jack deterrent. I was just today going over the

Kel Tec P50 with 50 round of hard to find 5.7
1664776083775.png

The PSA JAKL longstroke piston AR pistol, if they ever release it in 300 Blackout because I like my hearing
1664776281397.png

Or the never in stock Brownells AR-180s shortstroke AR pistol in 300 Blackout.

If Kotex wins in November, my wife wants to move to North Houston to be close to her sister. With so many of these videos coming out of the Houston area I would insist on a high capacity truck gun or car jack deterrent. I was just today going over the

Kel Tec P50 with 50 round of hard to find 5.7
View attachment 1286149

The PSA JAKL longstroke piston AR pistol, if they ever release it in 300 Blackout because I like my hearing
View attachment 1286150

Or the never in stock Brownells AR-180s shortstroke AR pistol in 300 Blackout.

I am originally from Texas. No way in Hell that I would live in Houston. And that's saying something because I lived in El Paso for a decade.

I am originally from Texas. No way in Hell that I would live in Houston. And that's saying something because I lived in El Paso for a decade.
I got offered a pretty stellar job in Houston so I did a little research and came to the conclusion that it was not a place I wanted to be. I'm sure there are nice areas, but sure a lot of violence going on up in there.

She picked out an upscale community North of Houston called The Woodlands

I agreed to take a look when we go visit her sister. I am betting that two days of Southern humidity will change her mind.

So I saw this on YouTube last night. It's a shootout at a gas station between some thugs. Looks like they are carying lightly concealed carbines.

I will be the first to admit that I have generally not carried what I would consider as adequate firepower to deal with a situation like this. I have generally carried handguns with single stack magazines or revolvers. Multiple people armed with carbines is just not a scenario I plan for (except when I lived on the Mexican border). Is this the kind of scenario you personally prepare to deal with on a daily basis?
To answer your original question, for my small town I usually just have a Ruger LC9S in my pocket even in my home. My motto is "Pants on, gun on." If I am going to work in a vacant house I take my Sig P365XL worn IWB. For Portland, Seattle or Spokane I carry my "Big City Gun" an S&W M&P9 2.0 with spare mags and a full trauma kit. Oh yeah, medical takes up more real estate than firepower in my cargo pockets. I have never had to use my Firearm, but I have used my medical supplies several times over the years.

Check out the EDC thread to see what everyone is carrying

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads