JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been considering getting an RPK. I've never had one but it looks fun.

In my readings all I find are people complaining about how they can't even group under 6" @ 100yds. Despite sturdy construction and the longer heavy bbl...

In my mind it should be at least better than a wasr at 100...

The only glowing reviews I find it them are in classified ads.

So, to guys that have or had them... What's the deal?

I'm not the best shooter out there, I need my guns to do about half the work. So if RPKs are as bad as I've read, ill probably never hit anything.

Talk me into it

Mine wasnt too bad at all.
Tested at 120 yards, hit the near center of my 12" steel gong each time.

I have a hard time believing that a longer, heavier barrel and reciever wouldn't yield better accuracy. For those getting poor shot placement, Id suggest they shoot with AK guys more. Perhaps they didnt know how to dial it in :confused: haha.

Most of the "poor" reviews are by guys shooting bolt actions or ARs. Sure, the RPK isnt going to be a total tack driver, but it'll consistantly hit what you're aiming for.
A lot of guys use thiers as a bullet hose, THEN try to sit at a bench and get good groups, all the while have a barrel with twice the length needing more time to cool (if shot to that temp prior)

If you have the chance to snag one up, Id do it. Im in the same boat.
With a forearm you anchor (like MWI) and a better stock for a better lop I bet you can hone in that 12" spread.
If I pick another one up soon Ill revisit this thread.

....and bargain basement ammo doesnt help for accuracy....

Longer barrel has minimal affect on accuracy anyway ( Ive never understood the corelation that longer=more accurate )

An RPK is a suppressive fire weapon in its intended application anyway, not like its a "sniper rifle"....as for US semi-auto clones, with good ammo they should be 3-4 MOA as said above. Plenty accurate for range plinking.....

if you have a 1 MOA target and your shot will impact somewhere within 6 MOA of your POA you have no control over your bullets.
No point in arguing over something you can't control

It can't be a good thing to have a bipod attached to the end of your barrel whether it's heavy or not.
I would like to see somebody do a comparison between shooting off the bipod and then resting on the handguard.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top