JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oregon !

Attachments

• Scan0001_crop (4).jpg
    Scan0001_crop (4).jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 128
How do I remember America...

In my youth, folks in my neighborhood knew each other by name, they conversed and socialized together, they took care of each other in time of need and looked out for each other. All the kids were known and if you were misbehaving, chances are your parents already knew and were waiting for you. Heck even the policeman who walked the beat and the mailman knew everyone by name...

I grew up in a time when children were relatively safe playing in the neighborhood. Wasn't much concern over children being abducted. Sure these things happened, but the perpetrators lurked in the shadows, not at the bus stop to select their prey. Society had no tolerance for such behavior, nor did society makes excuses for such behavior.

Children weren't confused about their gender, boys knew they were boys, girls knew they were girls, there was no confusion or blurring of those lines or roles in society.

People respected each other, they could debate issues and even, heaven forbid, agree to disagree. They didn't need to beat each other up, to ostracize each other or even kill each other over disagreements.

Bullies were fought and respect was gained. We didn't need safe spaces to get in touch with our emotions. Nor did we need counseling for every little incident in life. We didn't receive participation trophies, there were winners and losers. It taught us how to deal with defeat.

We were dragged up in front of our classrooms to solve math problems, science equations and diagram sentences. We were laughed at when we couldn't and dealt with it, we didn't hang ourselves or want to kill others. We worked harder so next time we were better prepared.

I miss the America of my youth, where individuals were responsible for their own behavior. Where life was respected and not cheapened... It saddens me to think what our children, grandchildren and future generations are in store for... I thank God I'm an aging American, on the back side of my life. I do truly miss the America I grew up in...

How do I remember America...

In my youth, folks in my neighborhood knew each other by name, they conversed and socialized together, they took care of each other in time of need and looked out for each other. All the kids were known and if you were misbehaving, chances are your parents already knew and were waiting for you. Heck even the policeman who walked the beat and the mailman knew everyone by name...

I grew up in a time when children were relatively safe playing in the neighborhood. Wasn't much concern over children being abducted. Sure these things happened, but the perpetrators lurked in the shadows, not at the bus stop to select their prey. Society had no tolerance for such behavior, nor did society makes excuses for such behavior.

Children weren't confused about their gender, boys knew they were boys, girls knew they were girls, there was no confusion or blurring of those lines or roles in society.

People respected each other, they could debate issues and even, heaven forbid, agree to disagree. They didn't need to beat each other up, to ostracize each other or even kill each other over disagreements.

Bullies were fought and respect was gained. We didn't need safe spaces to get in touch with our emotions. Nor did we need counseling for every little incident in life. We didn't receive participation trophies, there were winners and losers. It taught us how to deal with defeat.

We were dragged up in front of our classrooms to solve math problems, science equations and diagram sentences. We were laughed at when we couldn't and dealt with it, we didn't hang ourselves or want to kill others. We worked harder so next time we were better prepared.

I miss the America of my youth, where individuals were responsible for their own behavior. Where life was respected and not cheapened... It saddens me to think what our children, grandchildren and future generations are in store for... I thank God I'm an aging American, on the back side of my life. I do truly miss the America I grew up in...

This right here is exactly the America I grew up in to T.
I loved the music but the 60's ruined everything that America stood for.

Like many things there is good and bad here to remember....Just as there is needing to remember that how it was for you growing up in a particular era...could have been vastly different for someone else in that same time period.

With that said...
I took America and all that it meant , I took for granted...Until I joined the Army and saw some of the world , through a rifle sight.
Four Combat tours will change your perspective for sure.
It can always be worse...

Biggest and best memory of America...?
Coming home from Operation Gothic Serpent....and having a friend ( who was a veteran of WWII and Vietnam ) of my dad...tell me :
" Welcome home , good job and lets get a beer...."

America , we have our faults...but our hearts are good.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads