JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
[quoted post deleted by moderator]

When I was a military cop I took many off base police training courses with civilian law enforcement and never were we trained by Israeli personnel of any kind. And while I am not clicking on those blind links, I am guessing that they say that all Israelis are bad and evil and part of a conspiracy of some kind?

I wish we had been able to train with the Israelis because they have a lot of real world experience to share. Look at the Entebbe raid and all the times they have held their own against much larger better funded opponents.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the BDS anti-Israel activists persuaded a city which had no plans to train with the Israelis to ban the non-existent training? And if the honest goal was to prevent militarization of the police, why didn't the city ban specific types of training? No, the police in Durham can train with Satan himself in water boarding and any other tactic, as long as it is not taught by a specific racial group - the Israelis. The anti-Israeli activists convinced the city to black ball a specific group of trainers, not a specific type of training.

Hi User 1234,
I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory but it's true. You only have to 'google' or research it yourself for a few minutes to see. There are hundreds of links about this. One issue is that the Israeli military who deal with Palestinians are doing the training, not civilian Israeli law enforcement. So you see the military is much more brutal. It explains a lot about what's happening with our police, I think. IMHO

Durham first US city to ban police training with Israeli military - Local council adopts step against exchange with Israeli military practices synonymous with the occupation of Palestine.
US cops trained to use lethal Israeli tactics - Exchange programs between American and Israeli police raise concerns about import of military-style policing tactics in US

I've been in LE for 14 years and we are certainly not becoming more "brutal". We have actually become far more oriented toward tactics that minimize injury to others. We have doctors and kinesiologists examine techniques before they can be approved by the Criminal Justice Training Commission.

A lot of attention goes toward the number of people killed or injured by police, but you don't see how many people aren't killed who could have been. We deal with more mentally ill people than we ever have and somehow the average number of people killed by police remains stable.

Tactics save lives.

I heard about this, what happened to not shoot until a credible threat has been established. Just seeing a weapon on a couch or bed doesn't imply a threat.
Judgment should always be withheld until all the facts are known and both sides of any situation can be viewed and analyzed in the light of day.

The fully trained but relatively inexperienced officer was sent on an open door check. From the way the call was relayed to the officer, and because the front door was standing open after dark, it appeared to potentially be an unauthorized forced entry. The officer properly exercised caution before entering by looking thru a window. The homeowner perceived his presence and retrieved a handgun from her purse, which she pointed at the officer according to her nephew. All officers are taught that you never point a weapon at anyone unless you are prepared to shoot that person. In no state with which I am familiar can an homeowner shoot someone for being in their yard and looking in their window. From the officer's perspective his life was in danger at that moment and he reacted instinctively.

The officer's failure was not verbally identifying himself as a police officer. Was it because he simply did not have time between the time he observed someone point a weapon at him and his self preservation reflexes took over? Should he have waited until the person pointing a weapon at him actually fired at him? How many officers have died because they hesitated, unsure if the person pointing a weapon at them was really seriously intending to fire it at them? I'm not sure which one of their shoes I'd want to be in. It was an uneccessary tragedy that happened as a result of the totality of the circumstances.

After many years as a large city, high crime area Patrol Officer, Patrol Sergeant, Federal Narc, and working as a private contractor overseas, retired and now working as an Investigator for a LEA, I thank God that considering the number of times I had to make a split second lethal decision I never found myself in this officer's present situation. Anyone who volunteers to pin on a badge and strap on a weapon in order to put themselves in harms way standing between the predators and the prey knows that they could find themselves in a similar situation at any minute.

God bless any young person willing to take on that responsibility in today's world.

Semper Fi

Last Edited:
We don't bash groups here and our Police are an group. Please read forum rules. Thank you. Anymore and this thread will be closed.

IMO, U.S. police forces being trained by Israeli military is an ugly topic, conspiracy theory or not. It has no place in this thread, which is about one instance of a police officer killing a woman during a response to a door being open.

RetiredLEO,
I understand your point about not hesitating when you see an armed suspect in a house you are visiting. On the other hand, am I putting my life at risk if I dry fire in my family room at 3am?

It pays to be careful when and where you are handling firearms.
Be aware of how you may appear to someone who sees you...and does not know your intentions.

Another thing to remember is :
Often the mind will see what it wants or expects to see in times of stress...this can lead to mistakes.

Please note that I am not saying to not practice or handle your firearms when you are at home...Just saying that in this day and age...gun owners need to take extra care with what we do.
Andy

RetiredLEO,
I understand your point about not hesitating when you see an armed suspect in a house you are visiting. On the other hand, am I putting my life at risk if I dry fire in my family room at 3am?
My point was about the decision a LEO has to make when an armed suspect points the gun they are armed with at him (or another person). There is a vast difference between "a house you are visiting" and responding to a perceived crime scene.

My answer to your question is it depends on what you are dry firing at. LEOs are trained to respond to a perceived lethal threat with SUFFICIENT FORCE to overcome that threat. A non-lethal response is always the first choice, but seldom is it a practical one under typical circumstances when a weapon is being pointed at you. Anyone who points a weapon at a LEO (or any other armed individual for that matter) is playing Russian Roulette with five rounds in a six chamber revolver.
My advice: Confine your dry firing to solo exercises or at least under controlled conditions.
And....that what Andy said!

0300 o_O Really?

Last Edited:
RetiredLEO,

It pays to be careful when and where you are handling firearms.
Be aware of how you may appear to someone who sees you...and does not know your intentions.

Another thing to remember is :
Often the mind will see what it wants or expects to see in times of stress...this can lead to mistakes.

Please note that I am not saying to not practice or handle your firearms when you are at home...Just saying that in this day and age...gun owners need to take extra care with what we do.
Andy

Best safe practices probably dictates not having dry fire practice directly in from of your open/exxposed LV room picture window, or pointing it at your reflection in the front door sidelite while doing a DeNiro "You talkin to me? Are YOU talking to ME?" Or while screaming "Eat dirt, ya filthy screw!!!" :D:D

Last Edited:
Best safe practices probably dictates not having dry fire practice directly in from of your open/exxposed LV room picture window, or pointing it at your reflection in the front door sidelite while doing a DeNiro "You talkin to me? Are YOU talking to ME?" Or while screaming "Eat dirt, ya filthy screw!!!" :D:D
As hilarious as that comment is, and as stupefying as the image that scenario brings to my mind is, I have no doubt that it occurs.:rolleyes:
The things people do without thinking it thru, usually in all innocence, never fail to amaze me. Something new every day is why I'd never trade my career or memories for any other occupation.

via Mas Ayoob

" Lessons apparent at this point:
  • Keep your doors locked, and your curtains closed at night.
  • The person outside might be just a cop who is there on legitimate police business.
  • Even in your home, don't wander about with deadly weapons in hand when visible to people outside who don't know who you are.
  • Cops must always remember that law-abiding citizens have guns, too."

3f2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews