Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

how do i empty my attachments upload manager?

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by parallax, Feb 28, 2011.

1. parallax

parallax eugene, or-gun Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

cant seem to empty my attachments from my file upload manager. did i miss it somewhere?. thnxs for your patience.

2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Go into settings (upper right ), go to attachments (bottom left), scroll down to show thumbnails, select attachments and then click delete.

3. parallax

parallax eugene, or-gun Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Thnxs deadeye.. I got one in there that has no box to click on for deleting. must be stuck in there, when the forum site changed venue awhile back.. thnxs for advice.

4. deadeye

If it is in a closed thread it seems to be locked as well, I have a couple the same way.

5. Tinman357

Tinman357 Puget Sound Member

I have the same problem. Old photos for guns that have been sold. I don't have any way to delete these. Waiting for a staff member to get back to me. I'll post the response when I get it.

6. Tinman357

OK... I don't believe this but the only way to do this is to re-open the closed thread, then go to your settings menu, open attachments and check the boxes that are on the right side and clik "delete" You would think that after all the fanfare about the all new redesign that this obviously much used feature would be a tad bit simpler.

7. deadeye

Opening the thread and deleting works for the threads you started but if the pics are in someone elses thread than they seem to get locked when the thread is closed.

8. Tinman357

Yeah, It's frustrating. I've made a rule to not post photos in someone else's thread. Too bad, I'd like to participate in some of the "show your gun" threads. But storage is limited. I need to save it for the classified ads. Maybe it'll get sorted out soon.....

9. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

If someone would post me a link to one of the examples of these posts aka closed thread that belonged to someone else that contains your pictures that you cannot delete I will take a look and see what is involved and if this and be solved on a moderator level, I honestly don't know if it can so I am in the experimentation stage.

On a side note I post all my pictures through Photobucket, I like the control, ease of use and virtually unlimited capacity it allows me.

10. CJ1089

CJ1089 Aloha, Oregon Marveling at the world.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/rifle-shotgun-classifieds/31816-2-rifles-257-270-a.html
    post #12

Cannot figure out how to delete this pic, sold the gun months ago.
    Thanks for your help,
    CJ

11. Trlsmn

12. deadeye

13. CJ1089

CJ1089 Aloha, Oregon Marveling at the world.

It seems to have disappeared.
    Thanks for your assistance.

14. Trlsmn

OK that should be gone from your control panel. I can just delete the trouble posts for now until I can sit down and RTFM and see if there is a proper way to do this without deleting posts.

15. deadeye

I have more that need deleted but it can wait until it is figured out how we can do it ourselves. I have ALOT of available space but try to delete what is not needed. I'm only using 1.97mb out of the 50mg I can use.

16. Trlsmn

No problem, and if anyone is in this situation of not being able to delete pictures feel free to send me a PM with links and I will fix them as time allows, I must insist that you include links to the threads to make it possible to find the pictures.

Also please use the PM subject title:

"Delete Pictures"

17. Tinman357

Trismn; Thank you. You just greatly increased the usability of this site.