JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been drooling over the Steyr Puch Haflingers and the Mechanical Mules for the ideas that they bring...Such as a 1,000lb payload, compact size, great off road capability, via portal axles and just plain being unusual.... but the cheapest Mechanical Mule I can find for sale is $11,800 for the 2-wheel steering (front), and single seat... about the same range for some Haflingers (fully restored) and some Pinzgauers (bigger, probably more useful?),,,

Got me thinking. How come there ain't an American modernized UTV version of either of these? Portals, ATV axles/drivetrain, cabover with roll cage, heck, give the roll cage a van like box shape with some triangulated bracing for safety..... I'd wager that they could be a good seller for the UTV market in being able to carry 1/2 ton of equipment and gear..... as opposed to the standard 2 door UTVs with 500lb capacity? I know the Japanese KEI 4x4 mini-trucks are pretty popular as "garden"/farm trucks in US (I see them for sale routinely under $10 grand)

Other than being kinda pricey the John Deere Gators do pretty much everything you describe. Gas or diesel. 1,500 pound payload. I wonder if you could modify them with larger wheels/tires for better off-road performance?

xuv_855m_s4_r4g044845_large_fbfec74df4f9c3e229013801094131f74034428f.jpg

But they cant carry a 4x6-4x8 size of stuff; can they? :rolleyes: I mean, thats the biggest reason for the cabover design of both the Haflinger and the Mechanical Mule; and a huge reason the Japanese mini trucks are pretty popular with farmers and ranchers here...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top