JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the attacker was:

White: call it terrorism
black: call it racially motivated
Jihadist: call him mentally unstable

(nothing against anybody, color, race, creed, religion... ) this is just how I see the mass media outlets.

Nobody will call it for what it is. If it's black they say it has shades of grey, if it's white it too has shades of grey. If it's grey... well then it's either white or black. Then return to the argument that it's grey.

Some f'ed up folks are lauding the actions of the pilot in the Austin incident as a patriot - he wasn't, so why shouldn't he be labeled as a terrorist- no different that McVeigh in my opinion.
WRT Ft Hood-he's a terrorist as well - in my opinion of course.

Well I do think that all small planes should be immediately registered and only allowed 10 gallons of gas at a time.:D

People buying those planes need to go through the NCIS system.:)

..just saw this on comcast:

CAIRO — Al-Qaida's American-born spokesman has called on Muslims serving in the U.S. armed forces to emulate the Army major charged with killing 13 people in Fort Hood.
Adam Gadahn, who was raised in California, describes Maj. Nidal Hasan as a pioneer who should serve as a role model for other Muslims.
He urges Muslims in America to carry out attacks against U.S. and Western targets.
The video posted on a radical Islamic web site on Sunday featured Gadahn, also known as Azzam al-Amriki, dressed in white robes and wearing a white turban.
Gadahn converted to Islam and joined al-Qaida and was charged with treason in 2006. There is a $1 million reward for information leading to his arrest or conviction.

no apparent comment from them on the Austin attack though...
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20100307/ML.Al.Qaida.American/

This depends on the definition of terrorism.
The greatest act of terrorism I ever witnessed was called "Shock and Awe", though by some definitions this would not be terrorism at all.

One definition I like is
•S: (n) terrorism, act of terrorism, terrorist act (the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear).

Since the Ft. Hood Shooter was not picking off 'civilains' he wouldn't qualify. But another factor has to be that the act was planned in advance and was not just a knee jerk reaction. The pilot planned his act and left us proof via his manifesto. In the case of the Ft. Hood Shooter this isn't as clear.

There is a more than resonable basis for not calling the Ft. Hood shooter a terrorist.

Shock and Awe took out plenty of civilians.

This depends on the definition of terrorism.
The greatest act of terrorism I ever witnessed was called "Shock and Awe", though by some definitions this would not be terrorism at all.

One definition I like is
•S: (n) terrorism, act of terrorism, terrorist act (the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear).

Since the Ft. Hood Shooter was not picking off 'civilains' he wouldn't qualify. But another factor has to be that the act was planned in advance and was not just a knee jerk reaction. The pilot planned his act and left us proof via his manifesto. In the case of the Ft. Hood Shooter this isn't as clear.

There is a more than reasonable basis for not calling the Ft. Hood shooter a terrorist.

Shock and Awe took out plenty of civilians.

A small payback for taking down the twin towers!:s0155: A message to the Radical Muslims that they will pay a huge price for pushing their agenda in America. We have chased them from Kuwait to Iraq to Afghanistan to Pakistan and other areas and killed the lions share of their leaders. They have lost a lot more than the 3K killed in the twin towers strike.

We did good and will continue to do so. Iran may be next, who knows.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews