JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I like a good hot sauce.

Not crazy hot, but a good one can be hotter if it actually tastes good.

Stupid hot and poor taste aren't my cup of tea.

My favorite local brand is NW Elixers. There basic hot sauce is very flavorful and not too hot. Very good on eggs.

Another I really like is from the restaurant Lechon. They sell their home made sauce. It's delicious. I haven't taken the wife there in a long time, otherwise I always buy a bottle of their sauce when we eat there.

Got some local recommendations?

Always looking for new delicious hot sauces.

If your thing is stupid heat, maybe not your thread. Hot sauce can be enjoyable when you can taste it. Those that are too hot aren't enjoyable, they are just dumb in my opinion.

No there is nothing wrong with good ole big brand stuff either. Tobasco is a good sauce. I always keep Franks Red Hot in the house, it really does go on everything!

Thanks!

Reno

I too don't see the point in the really painful stuff, but do enjoy adding hot sauce to a lot of dishes. Not sure about real "local" as in Oregon, but a few that are good, in roughly the order employed:

• Tapatío
  • Dat'l Do It
  • Crystal
  • Valentina
  • Tabasco

Home made because I can make it any heat I want depending on the chili's used. Of all the super hots, habanero's are still my favorite for the flavor they have. While I do not take bites out them anymore, I find that pureeing them with distilled vinegar makes a crazy flavorful liquid that you can use the tinyest amounts of to spice things up.

Tapatio is my go to favorite. Last time I moved up here from the SW I packed a bunch of bottles of it. Thinking I would not be able to buy it here. First trip to the store I was happy to see they sold it here. Its fairly hot but not over powering hot, at least not to me.

I was wondering if there was already a thread. Usually similar threads pop up as I start typing one.

If these need to be merged I'm good with that.

Always enjoy a good hot sauce recommendation.

Home made because I can make it any heat I want depending on the chili's used. Of all the super hots, habanero's are still my favorite for the flavor they have. While I do not take bites out them anymore, I find that pureeing them with distilled vinegar makes a crazy flavorful liquid that you can use the tinyest amounts of to spice things up.
I may have to try making some now!

I like the Cujamenta and the MiAji the best. The Short Fuse had my eyes watering uncontrollably. They're a local company I found at a show the wife had a booth at. Veteran owned and the sauces are good enough that I buy them literally ten bottles at a time, whenever I'm at a show they are at as well.

Occasionally they throw a bottle of this in when the wife has stickers made. It's pretty tasty.

Valentina Black Label Hot Sauce - 12.5 oz. (Pack of 3) (Extra Hot) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L84EU3U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HTCGC6F9BKFX2WM9NEPH
This is my favorite one, and I eat it on a lot of things. It's not that hot, even though it's labeled "extra hot".

I do not understand the attraction with Vinegar in hot sauces. Bleecchh! And it seems like more hot sauces have vinegar as an ingredient than those that don't.

Pencil in "Cabo" in 2024 and I will solve this problem.

I've also got a hell of a solution to solve our illegal immigration problem.

Oh, and I'll end this daylight savings time nonsense too. :)

Last Edited:
I like a good hot sauce.

Not crazy hot, but a good one can be hotter if it actually tastes good.

Stupid hot and poor taste aren't my cup of tea.

My favorite local brand is NW Elixers. There basic hot sauce is very flavorful and not too hot. Very good on eggs.

Another I really like is from the restaurant Lechon. They sell their home made sauce. It's delicious. I haven't taken the wife there in a long time, otherwise I always buy a bottle of their sauce when we eat there.

Got some local recommendations?

Always looking for new delicious hot sauces.

If your thing is stupid heat, maybe not your thread. Hot sauce can be enjoyable when you can taste it. Those that are too hot aren't enjoyable, they are just dumb in my opinion.

No there is nothing wrong with good ole big brand stuff either. Tobasco is a good sauce. I always keep Franks Red Hot in the house, it really does go on everything!

Thanks!

Reno
Zatarans hot sauce. Has some heat but not too much, it does have a lot of flavor.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top