JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm shooting a Remington 700 sps tac. And know I don't need to seat at the cannelure. But I'm just not able to even reach the lands to start backing off. Cases ate 2.005 and the bullets are out so far they look like they d fall out by them selves. I'm testing two loads w IMR 4064, 45.5 & 46 grains. And am also a little bit worried about creating over pressure by seating too deep.

Anyone w experience of this combo?

i loaded 40 last night as a matter of fact. i know i seat them to the middle of the cannelure. i am using H4895 for powder and shooting them out of an LR308

they are my copy of ball ammo. theyre accurate enough. for these particular loads im just goin for plinkers mainly. nothin too fancy like i would load if i wanted to be extremely accurate.

Back off the powder a bit if you are wanting a lower the pressure level at that seating depth; as long as the beast will cycle and shoot good...:D

Another observation with my equipment; if they chamber OK in my bolt actions, they usually chamber OK in my semi-autos.

I seat mine just past the cannelures and use a factory crimp.

May not be a universal fact, but if the cartridges fit into the magazines, the bullets shouldn't be hitting the lands... But I could be myopic on that too....:s0001:

im using 41.8-42gr H4895 and getting just shy and sometimes just over 2700fps. seated to cannelure

2650 with my 16" lr308
2700ish with my 22" savage

Stoopid phellcone. It can't even pell sproperly.

Generally speaking the .308 Winchester tends to shoot/perform better with a 165/168gr. Bullet.:):):)
I'm not sure about 168 gr being better than 150 gr, at least not for me at 300 yards. 6" 3 shot group w 168 vs 2" w 150gr. I need to do some more testing though, 46 gr will be 0.5 gr backoff from a load that was too hot seated just behind the cannelure. Will see what happens....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top