JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a 45-70 and I bought some FTX bullets for it.They are .452 diameter .Aparently 45-70 uses .454 (yes? no? for others)

Anyway,I traded that for a nice Bear bow and then bought a 45LC lever gun.
I just looked up the loads for these bullets and they were designed for the 450 Bushmaster.But they are the correct diameter for my 45lc
Only data for the FTX in LC is for the 225 gr bullets.8-9gr +-

What would you start out with with these 250gr pills?
I was thinking of starting at 8 and working up at.5gr each increase

And am I missing anything?

Thanks
Mike

I had a 45-70 and I bought some FTX bullets for it.They are .452 diameter .Aparently 45-70 uses .454 (yes? no? for others)

Anyway,I traded that for a nice Bear bow and then bought a 45LC lever gun.
I just looked up the loads for these bullets and they were designed for the 450 Bushmaster.But they are the correct diameter for my 45lc
Only data for the FTX in LC is for the 225 gr bullets.8-9gr +-

What would you start out with with these 250gr pills?
I was thinking of starting at 8 and working up at.5gr each increase

And am I missing anything?

Thanks
Mike

Depending on bore size, .45-70 usually takes anywhere from a .458 - .460 and whether you shoot lead or plated. I don't have any load data/info for you on your bullet but you do have to trim cases a little shorter for the FTX bullets. I know the Hornady .45-70 cases I reload with the 325 gr FTX's are about .060" shorter than normal. I would think you'd be fine starting with that data. Just watch for the usual signs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top