JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First off. Accurates data for 380 and #2 is probably off. Velocity is crazy hot compared to the hornady loads I had.
this is out of a 2.9inch lcp2 max
hornady critical defense 90gr was 820-850fps
90gr xtp and 3.4gr #2 which is middle of the road between min 3.3 max 3.7
velocity was 1060! that doesn't seem right. I am going to back that off.

Also tested some 9mm from my g17 and m&p
115 xtp 4.7gr #2
1230 av
blazer and hornady custom 124gr
about the same with a 1120 average

Last Edited:
Looking at the different load data for 380 around 1000 fps is reasonable for the 90gr XTP's. I don't know that the Accurate Arms data is wrong, but different sources for data will be different because there is no industry standard for how that data is gathered. On the Hodgdon web site they show the 3.7grs of AA#2 as max, for that bullet matching the AA data. In the Hornady book they show a Max charge of 3.4grs. Bottom line, if the ammo you made is not what you wanted, you can do different next time. That is part of the joy of reloading.

Edited to add: the cronograph numbers are well and good for what they are but the bottom line should be how well does any load shoot. It really doesn't matter how fast or slow a bullet is if it misses the target.

Last Edited:
Accurate's test barrel is one inch longer and lists max charge velocity of under 1000. I'm going to back it down closer to factory load speed. im almost done with this bottle of #2, trying to use it up.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top