JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well put. I give some thought about those who just visit, or as some write, "lurk", here or there, to hopefully get some helpful information concerning an issue they may be encountering and look for help with. Providing confusion in an answer will just shoo them off to find a better venue.
You obviously have quite a bit of knowledge, way more than most and enough to publish in a coherent and professional manner! Keep up the good work. :)

You obviously have quite a bit of knowledge, way more than most and enough to publish in a coherent and professional manner! Keep up the good work. :)

I agree.
But... about that, "honey and vinegar' thing...

It is almost too hilarious how some will get "tipped over so easily" on one single post. :rolleyes: It was a "general statement" for those who "think" they might need one. I've been working on Ruger Mark pistols for 50 years and have seen much more involved with these pistols than YOU ever will. :p
Beware of some of the errant suggestions made by some folks who don't know diarrhea from good brown gravy.

This is one of two reasons I stopped subscribing to the majority of gun mags. Most reviewers never met a gun that wasn't wonderful, the other reason, more than half the mag is advertising. Why should I pay to read a bunch of ads for stuff I don't want anyway?

As to the internet and youTube, IF I'm actually looking for a video of a particular gun in action, I'll usually see if Hickok 45 has done a review. He likes everything, so I'm not expecting criticism, but he's shot almost everything, too, so I can at least see it being run. But I don't even do that until I've decided it's something I'm seriously interested in, and by that time, I've done a lot of research, or as much as I can. I live in the boonies, so more often than not, the one thing I can't do is actually handle a "new" gun, never mind actually being able to shoot one. Later.

Dave

I personally don't follow Mr. Hiccup and any of his reviews. As some folks here mention, he gets firearms provided by Bud's Guns and from what I understand FREE ammunition. That free ammunition might not be so, as I did read that from one of his fans. One opinion does not a standard make, especially when the tester receives a "specially assembled" pristine firearm from the sender. Sorta taints the testing process in my mind.

Honesty is Honesty... You either Tell the Truth and Keep Your WORD or YOU ARE A LIAR... That's the only way it can be... Doesn't matter whether your doing a review or keeping your word on a gun deal... By the way the rules read on this website once you agree to a deal it's a deal... NOT have a person wait {on your request} a week and then not even have the backbone to let the person know your not going through with said deal... I bought parts for a pistol and lost a rifle because a person CHANGED HIS MIND AFTER A WEEK OF WAITING ON HIM... That's not doing the BEST YOU CAN TO MAKE THE DEAL HAPPEN...
Semper Fi

Well put. I give some thought about those who just visit, or as some write, "lurk", here or there, to hopefully get some helpful information concerning an issue they may be encountering and look for help with. Providing confusion in an answer will just shoo them off to find a better venue.

Then there are those who talk too much. :p;):D

Honesty is Honesty... You either Tell the Truth and Keep Your WORD or YOU ARE A LIAR... That's the only way it can be... Doesn't matter whether your doing a review or keeping your word on a gun deal... By the way the rules read on this website once you agree to a deal it's a deal... NOT have a person wait {on your request} a week and then not even have the backbone to let the person know your not going through with said deal... I bought parts for a pistol and lost a rifle because a person CHANGED HIS MIND AFTER A WEEK OF WAITING ON HIM... That's not doing the BEST YOU CAN TO MAKE THE DEAL HAPPEN...
Semper Fi

Very well put! Seems there are always a few with "tender feelings" in any forum, so the best way to deal with them is with the "IGNORE" button. I have one jailed there currently. :)

Very well put! Seems there are always a few with "tender feelings" in any forum, so the best way to deal with them is with the "IGNORE" button. I have one jailed there currently. :)

My personal jail is overflowing.

BTW, in my long life's experience it is the bullies that are always telling others they are too sensitive. All of us should be mindful of Rule #1. I break it... but only if I'm provoked. I'm pretty clueless on social interaction, but I do try not to be intentionally rude.

I'm honest as hell on these forums.

I like Glocks.
I really don't like anything .22LR but I do own a 10/22 because....well just because.
If I dislike someone, they probably know it.
If someone dislikes me I'm not surprised. Perks of the job.
I think anyone that joins here and claims to be "the best" or an "expert" is more than likely full of it. Especially right off. Put in the time, ease in to it and one will likely get a better response.

I personally don't follow Mr. Hiccup and any of his reviews. As some folks here mention, he gets firearms provided by Bud's Guns and from what I understand FREE ammunition. That free ammunition might not be so, as I did read that from one of his fans. One opinion does not a standard make, especially when the tester receives a "specially assembled" pristine firearm from the sender. Sorta taints the testing process in my mind.

Re-read what I wrote. I'm not expecting a critical review from him, I'm just looking for a chance to see something I'm interested in run. That's all I'm looking for from Hickok, and that being the case, I don't really care how he gets his guns or ammo, although I do know that a fair number of the guns I've seen him review were used loaners from friends/supporters, or occasionally his personal weapons. Regardless, I really doubt he's getting "specially assembled" guns from anyone, nor do I consider his opinion a "standard" of anything. I do find him entertaining, although sometimes a bit long winded, but I don't see anything he does as tainted. Later.

Dave

Re-read what I wrote. I'm not expecting a critical review from him, I'm just looking for a chance to see something I'm interested in run. That's all I'm looking for from Hickok, and that being the case, I don't really care how he gets his guns or ammo, although I do know that a fair number of the guns I've seen him review were used loaners from friends/supporters, or occasionally his personal weapons. Regardless, I really doubt he's getting "specially assembled" guns from anyone, nor do I consider his opinion a "standard" of anything. I do find him entertaining, although sometimes a bit long winded, but I don't see anything he does as tainted. Later.

Dave
Yep, I have greatly enjoyed Hickok. I almost never watch strait through as he is a bit LONG. I almost always end up skipping around to see the actually shooting, which I do like. When the Ruger 9mm was new and you could not buy one in any shop I watched him for that. The one he had did not work and he reluctantly did have to admit he could not get it to work. I did like what I saw enough to make me order one from out of state though and have been glad I did.

The situation you presented was quite confusing when you wrote that you were using .22 rimfire ammunition between 700 and 800 FPS. Is that NOT correct? I ordered some of the very same brand that you wrote about and it should be here this week. The box label says it's around 835 feet per second. So, what's to believe? I wrote that when it gets here I will chronograph it to see what it flies at, and then record what I find, and I will be honest and show printouts. I do try .22 rimfire in the 700 to 800 velocity range, just like this in a Browning Buckmark:
View attachment 670096
I also have some CCI ammunition in the 700 to 800 velocity range on the way, that I will test for myself. I'm NOT in the business of catching flies, getting knowledge for myself matters more to me:
View attachment 670097
So, if I had known that you would be so sensitive about your post being something I have NOT experienced, I'll put you on "ignore" and it's my BLOG, and if you don't like what you read there, stay the hell off it. Hope your "rub" gets fixed and you can then stay happy. :p
BTW, CCI does make the CCI Quiet in at least three velocity ratings, just so there's no confusion. ;)

I have a dozen or more .22 pistols including lots of Rugers, A variety of target and regular pre war to post war Hi Standards, Smith 41's, Colt Woodsman's, Bowning Nomads and Buckmarks even SBR AR's with dedicated .22LR bolts and barrels.

Theyre all different but what they all have in common is they run a very steady diet of that 45 grain Quiet-22 CCI ammo. Its all I buy and I buy it by the case. None of them has any issue running it.

That 835 number is out of a rifle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads