JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been about 2 weeks and so far we are very happy with the system.

It's all optimized now and added the hooded skins to blend the cameras from detection. Also got a NICE surprise when I stopped back in Costco, they have it on sale for 449.00 got 50 bucks returned to me and brought another one for my son's home as a gift.

Bump.

Arlo still the way to go?

Just FYI...Arlo is up to "Arlo Pro 2". I think it's got higher resolution than the previous release but don't quote me on it.

There's good reviews on it but you obviously have to be willing to periodically recharge your cameras. One of the weaknesses with the earlier release is that there was no way to simply recharge the battery. The battery had to be in the camera to charge. So you either needed to take the whole camera down to charge it (which is easy enough but now one of your cameras is down while it's being charged), or you had to buy a spare camera to be able to use it as a charging host.

I don't know if the latest release has solved this problem. Hopefully they have but you just want to make sure you understand all this and are cool with it. :)

If a wireless camera has the ability to charge over USB you could buy the one camera and just buy a couple of those USB power banks to swap out over the course. probably best to use 10,000 mAh or above.

I use this at home: Home Security Camera Systems | Indoor & Outdoor Stick Up Cams

Mine is the wired one, they have a battery and now a Solar charged one so maybe that would suffice for OP? whats also handy is it barely drains the routers bandwidth and works well at capping 720p with IR/NV and motion alerts that get sent to your phone right away, well maybe like a 2 or 3 second delay but it captures lit up areas well. Audio picks up pretty good too.

The key is all in your placement and angles. Fancy cams can only see so far unless you willing to invest in them top dollar systems. Along with a 30 day free trial for recording if you need they also offer a $3 a month to back up and save recordings beyond the trial so its not spendy, if you can afford netflix you can afford this. Oh and it has a nice little app that allows you to see posted videos people in your neighborhood have uploaded if they encounter a crime and it even has a little blotter report that shows you activity in a 5 or 10 mile radius of where you live which is neat. It also features a built in two way microphone so you can talk to whomever is in the AO and a push button alarm thats audible and should scare someone off.

Another model has a built in motion light that will kick on too.

If you got wicked deep pockets and money is not a concern Id say look into a professional grade PTZ camera with all the fancy features and home storage use so you can run your own NAS storage system without being on the cloud system if paranoid.

Last Edited:
Still happy with our arlo pro and so was the MCSO ..... the video was forwarded to responding Deputy and a week later I got an e mail from him thanking us for it and to let us know that subject in custody.

Arlo pro 2 and now Arlo 4K...
Still happy with my pro and 5 camera system.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top