JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0155:

Long ago I used to shoot with the Cascade Cannon Club. There was everything from 1/2" bore to full size. It gets expensive when you are shooting, "Full size". I only had a 1/3 scale Parrot Rifle from Barney's Cannons in South Bend Indiana. But, 2 oz. of FG would send an 1 1/4", 6 oz. lead ball a long ways. :s0001:

Note : I later found old zincs from boats were cheaper and shot flatter than lead.:)

Last Edited:
I wasn't sure where to post this. This guy did some beautiful work and I'd be curious to know what he did for a living. I know what he does for fun.
You gotta love the good ole boys of Oregon. That is a great youtube channel. Lots of great info on there.

A Blackpowder gunsmith friend of mine built himself a 1.5" Bore mountain Howitzer Only instead of it being breech loading he made it so it was muzzle loading avoiding Tax problems. He could hit a basketball sized target from a cold bore on the first shot It was AWESOME. But the local guy who built a 8lb Bowling ball Mortar won hands down. He would aim the thing at like 80 degrees of vertical and fire it. It made this whistling sound as the ball climbed then the noise stopped and you would look at the guy next to you and have time to ask so where did it go. Then the Whistling would return and about 75 yards or so out in front of you the ball would come down and blow a 6ft diameter hole in the ground about 2.5 deep. After the kids would dig up the ball he would do it again. MASSIVE fun

I got some stainless steel round bar.
That I want to make a small cannon
With.
Lol some of these guys that are building these big cannons.
Don't mention the fact that sending a bowling ball down range can cost 20 bucks a shot or more.
That's about a half pound of 3f powder or more for one shot.

I made this one in high school over 40 years ago.

20200703_131313.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads