JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay, this has been bugging me for a while now. I have been using the same N82 (Nate Squared) tactical holster for about 3 years now. I love the holster, but there is one big problem I have with it - the metal clip, the part that sits outside my belt, is sharp on the edges and has been tearing holes in my shirts for a couple years. I carry untucked, I can't stand wearing a tucked shirt over a holster, so changing how I wear them isn't an option.

I thought about things like wrapping it with electrical tape, but unfortunately, it's a very temporary solution as just the act of putting the holster on and taking it off each day wears on the tape and it ends up a sticky mess.

So, have any of you run into this yourselves? If so, what have you done? Any products or modifications you can recommend that will put an end to this issue? I thought about using that plastic dip for tool handles, but I don't know how well that might work - anyone try that?

I should mention, I haven't had this problem with regular t-shirts, but for my job, I wear polo/golf shirt style collared shirts that tend to be less rugged than my t-shirts, so they are more susceptible to this damage.

Here is a photo of the clip and of one shirt showing the holes that are appearing - a couple other shirts are much worse and have had to be pulled from rotation:

IMG_7389.JPG IMG_7390.JPG

Last Edited:
yeah same thing happens to my shirts but then again, i only wear tshirts and most of my tshirts ive had for years anyway lol. i dont buy new clothes much.

maybe try some flocking(felt) tape? that way it looks better? i have tons of it at work. infact, my holster clip is similar to yours. i will put some on mine and report back with a pic.

i noticed my edc crkt and kershaw both wearout my jean pocket too... but arent all the cool kids wearin torn up jeans??:rolleyes:

I've also gone to Raven Concealment 2 or 3 for my carry guns...the ones with the belt loop snap which solved my problem like you are having. It allowed me to go from my XDs .45 to my Glock 19 and it way more comfortable too.

Wow, some great suggestions right out of the chute! Thanks folks, I knew NWFA would come through! I'll start taking a look at several of those options, and yes, @Kristina, I do have a couple sharpening stones, so I'll see if I can't start by taking the edge off a bit.

Wow, some great suggestions right out of the chute! Thanks folks, I knew NWFA would come through! I'll start taking a look at several of those options, and yes, @Kristina, I do have a couple sharpening stones, so I'll see if I can't start by taking the edge off a bit.

I'm a machinist so I spend A LOT of time deburring and edge-breaking things. It's almost a curse. Like when I was an interior painter, I'd go into a person's house and my eyes would immediately find the flaws :rolleyes:.

etrain16 The tool dip is a no go, I tried that on a few of mine, and it lasts about as long as the duct tape. What I ended up doing was to weld a bead on both sides of the clip and then grind/file down and polish. Last time I had a Gun Ceracoated, I tossed the clips in the pile O parts and had it done ( He charged me a Five Spot) And I have had ZERO issues with my carry Holster clips ever sense! I wish More manufactures would do something smart like this, really saves a lot of head aches! IF all else fails, you could mail me the clips and i could weld them up for ya, and ship them back Free O charge! Other then that, Nothing else I have tried has worked for long if at all! I have WAY to much invested in my gear to leave something like this alone!

etrain16 The tool dip is a no go, I tried that on a few of mine, and it lasts about as long as the duct tape. What I ended up doing was to weld a bead on both sides of the clip and then grind/file down and polish. Last time I had a Gun Ceracoated, I tossed the clips in the pile O parts and had it done ( He charged me a Five Spot) And I have had ZERO issues with my carry Holster clips ever sense! I wish More manufactures would do something smart like this, really saves a lot of head aches! IF all else fails, you could mail me the clips and i could weld them up for ya, and ship them back Free O charge! Other then that, Nothing else I have tried has worked for long if at all! I have WAY to much invested in my gear to leave something like this alone!

Interesting idea you have there, and something that just brought another idea to mind - JB Weld. That stuff is tough as nails and could be applied, then sanded/filed to shape, and should last a long time. Since I have some on hand, it would be easy enough to try it out.

I agree, this issue should have already been addressed in the industry. Thanks for the welding offer, I will certainly make a note of it if needed :)

I have a similar holster for my .45 but it ends up scratching the fine Corinthian leather seats in my car. BiMart has the VersaCarry now and they are a lot less destructive, but not everyone likes them as much as me.

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while now. I have been using the same N82 (Nate Squared) tactical holster for about 3 years now. I love the holster, but there is one big problem I have with it - the metal clip, the part that sits outside my belt, is sharp on the edges and has been tearing holes in my shirts for a couple years. I carry untucked, I can't stand wearing a tucked shirt over a holster, so changing how I wear them isn't an option.

I thought about things like wrapping it with electrical tape, but unfortunately, it's a very temporary solution as just the act of putting the holster on and taking it off each day wears on the tape and it ends up a sticky mess.

So, have any of you run into this yourselves? If so, what have you done? Any products or modifications you can recommend that will put an end to this issue? I thought about using that plastic dip for tool handles, but I don't know how well that might work - anyone try that?

I should mention, I haven't had this problem with regular t-shirts, but for my job, I wear polo/golf shirt style collared shirts that tend to be less rugged than my t-shirts, so they are more susceptible to this damage.

Here is a photo of the clip and of one shirt showing the holes that are appearing - a couple other shirts are much worse and have had to be pulled from rotation:

View attachment 318381 View attachment 318382
Etrain,

I considered the N82 holster, but decided against it because I don't want a clip showing. Instead, I got this one. No clips, extremely comfortable, and easy to use when sitting on the toilet. All that has to be done is slide the belt up out of the way. Best holster I've found for comfort, concealability, and ease of use.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top