JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
im glad you bought this up and sparked the thought in my head. my wifes brand new car has a small scratch right inside the door jamb... it just so happens its in the same spot as on my truck...:oops:

Boy howdy you folks are smart!! I've got more ideas than I know what to do with now! I'm going to start with the easiest options and work out from there. As for changing the holster, I likely won't do that, but perhaps modifying or replacing the clip is certainly an option to consider.

im glad you bought this up and sparked the thought in my head. my wifes brand new car has a small scratch right inside the door jamb... it just so happens its in the same spot as on my truck...:oops:

Thumb stud on my knife did that to our cars leather steeringwheel - man was I pissed. Took it to a friend and had the stud ground flat (it was the ambidextrous one on the side I didn't use anyway).

Lots of good ideas. Ask Ryan @ORYGUNHolsterCompany, I've not worn that holster enough nor do I tuck most shirts in but he may have an idea that hasn't been brought up.

Although a dremal with a sanding and polishing wheel were my favorites.

Thumb stud on my knife did that to our cars leather steeringwheel - man was I pissed. Took it to a friend and had the stud ground flat (it was the ambidextrous one on the side I didn't use anyway).

Lots of good ideas. Ask Ryan @ORYGUNHolsterCompany, I've not worn that holster enough nor do I tuck most shirts in but he may have an idea that hasn't been brought up.

Although a dremal with a sanding and polishing wheel were my favorites.
wasnt a party till u arrived joe!

Boy howdy you folks are smart!! I've got more ideas than I know what to do with now! I'm going to start with the easiest options and work out from there. As for changing the holster, I likely won't do that, but perhaps modifying or replacing the clip is certainly an option to consider.

If you want to start off simple... try not walking around the job sites with your hands on your hips! o_O

:D

I prefer a leather paddle style holster, straight up draw, with strap/snap belt retainer and a thumb snap. The leather paddle makes it easy to slip on and off. And, the belt retainer keeps it on my belt during a draw.

I have one for my S&W 3913 and my S&W M60.

<broken link removed>

Trouble is....locally, I can't find a good holster for my Diamondback 9mm.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
If you want to start off simple... try not walking around the job sites with your hands on your hips! o_O

:D

This is how I conduct onsite job walks - I don't see a problem with that....

justin-timberlake-beyonce-backup-dancer-snl-06.jpg

etrain16 The tool dip is a no go, I tried that on a few of mine, and it lasts about as long as the duct tape. What I ended up doing was to weld a bead on both sides of the clip and then grind/file down and polish. Last time I had a Gun Ceracoated, I tossed the clips in the pile O parts and had it done ( He charged me a Five Spot) And I have had ZERO issues with my carry Holster clips ever sense! I wish More manufactures would do something smart like this, really saves a lot of head aches! IF all else fails, you could mail me the clips and i could weld them up for ya, and ship them back Free O charge! Other then that, Nothing else I have tried has worked for long if at all! I have WAY to much invested in my gear to leave something like this alone!
When I was doing armored combat for Ren Faires we had some reticulated horseman's armor with single edges like the edge of that clip. Those edges were a real danger to the wearer if he ever took a tumble off a horse or fell the wrong way (think pruning shears). We had our armorer role all of those edges, basically doubling them over to make them thicker and rounder. The armor turned out to be much safer that way. Your suggestion of adding a bead of weld (MIG or TIG) to both sides of the edges and then grinding/filing them smooth does essentially the same thing. It should be a great solution. I'm going to drag out my MIG welder and modify a couple of belt clips I have that have been literally a pain in the butt.

When I was doing armored combat for Ren Faires we had some reticulated horseman's armor with single edges like the edge of that clip. Those edges were a real danger to the wearer if he ever took a tumble off a horse or fell the wrong way (think pruning shears). We had our armorer role all of those edges, basically doubling them over to make them thicker and rounder. The armor turned out to be much safer that way. Your suggestion of adding a bead of weld (MIG or TIG) to both sides of the edges and then grinding/filing them smooth does essentially the same thing. It should be a great solution. I'm going to drag out my MIG welder and modify a couple of belt clips I have that have been literally a pain in the butt.
All three of mine didn't have enough to "double over" so that's when I decided to weld them up!

What I used to do back in the old days when I wanted a 2.5 lb handgun to stay in place was to gather it up in a cloth sling and wing it about and then crow that it didn't harm my precious shirts. because lol

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top