JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Currently, Hodgdon has many of their powders in stock at fairly reasonable pricing. Varget, BLC2, 335, Benchmark, CFE 223 and Win 748 are among the powders they have in stock. You can order powder directly from Hodgdon.

Currently, Hodgdon has many of their powders in stock at fairly reasonable pricing. Varget, BLC2, 335, Benchmark, CFE 223 and Win 748 are among the powders they have in stock. You can order powder directly from Hodgdon.
I just ordered that max of 2# of H335 from Brownell's two days ago. Wish I could have ordered more and sell some off to help offset the haz-mat

They have Ramshot Zip available. 1 lb cans only, limit 4.

Plus Ramshot Tac, 8 lb kegs only.

The Zip is pricier than it used to be, but not too bad. The Tac isn't priced too bad, all things considered.

Mind, I didn't go & calculate shipping/hazmat...

Dunno if ill order anything ATM, set for a bit, but good to know its coming back.

Double that haz-mat charge? Eh, screw 'em! The two #s of 335 I have coming from Brownell's will carry me through for some time.
Their Hazmat charge was $39 two weeks ago, which is in line with what I've paid in the past. My order was for 2# of Accurate No 2, 2# HP38, 2# Accurate No 7, 2# Accurate 2200, 1# of Hodgdon BL-C(2). The order also include Sierra and Hornady bullets.

Their Hazmat charge was $39 two weeks ago, which is in line with what I've paid in the past. My order was for 2# of Accurate No 2, 2# HP38, 2# Accurate No 7, 2# Accurate 2200, 1# of Hodgdon BL-C(2). The order also include Sierra and Hornady bullets.
That's a high hazmat fee.
It should be around $20.
They are adding another $20.

Also, when ordering powder, know up front what the shipper's policy is.
Some lock you out of being able to have parcel held at a pickup location.
Fine if you plan on being home.
I can't, so that's a deal-breaker for me.

The only way for me to break through is to do a Vacation Hold then it can be multiple trips to the hub.

It's been years since I ordered powder/primers, and back then it was $25.00-$27.00 haz-mat. I was quite happy to see it $20.00 at Brownell's. Never ordered from them before. BUT! I think I the powder was $34.00 at Brownell's. So it would have still been a better deal if a person were to buy MORE powder. OR primers if they had them.

Also, when ordering powder, know up front what the shipper's policy is.
Some lock you out of being able to have parcel held at a pickup location.
Fine if you plan on being home.
I can't, so that's a deal-breaker for me.
I would hope that if I'm not home they'll take it bak to the station and notify me so I can come sign for it. In the past when I ordered powder/primers I picked it up at the hub. It's been some years ago though.

I would hope that if I'm not home they'll take it bak to the station and notify me so I can come sign for it. In the past when I ordered powder/primers I picked it up at the hub. It's been some years ago though.
If it's "signature required" then they will take it back.
Use the tracking feature to see what the shipper has set up.

My worst case scenario is via FedEx, signature required and ability for me to re-direct to a satellite store blocked.
Then it goes back to FedEx Troutdale where they will make 2 more attempts to deliver.
I have to intervene with a Vacation Hold to stop the cycle.
Then I have to make 2 trips to Troutdale from Vancouver to get the package.

An ammo purchase from Sportsman's Guide caused the most recent FedEx cluster.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top