JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great gun with lots of good options. If you have a small hand defiantly handle it to make sure it is comfortable. In addition it is a large gun so think about what you are going to use it for, imo not a cc gun. I did own the HK USP 45 Tac and I sold it because it was too big for my hand, too big to carry. Again great gun just evaluate what you are purchasing it for. In addition I thought that the gun was a little top heavy but that is my opinion.

I currently have 4. A compact 9 that I carry, A full size 9, a full size, .40, and a full size .45 (that's currently for trade on these forums).

I love them all. They are very reliable and I have no problem trusting my life in them. I shoot them all really well and I'm not a great marksman.

The higher price you pay for a HK tends to lend itself when/if you go to sell it. They seem to retain their value better than Glocks/M&P's/XD's.

I'm on my third usp and they're my favorite polymer handgun. I've owned a compact 40, a fullsize 45 and now own a fullsize 9. They generally are more costlier than other polymer handguns on the market but with hk you get what you pay for. The trigger pulls on all of my hks were some of the best I've ever felt. Also it's one of the few polymer guns that has multiple safety options. Also, accuracy is top notch, same with reliability. I've never had a ftf or fte in any of my three guns.

I currently have 4. A compact 9 that I carry, A full size 9, a full size, .40, and a full size .45 (that's currently for trade on these forums).

I love them all. They are very reliable and I have no problem trusting my life in them. I shoot them all really well and I'm not a great marksman.

The higher price you pay for a HK tends to lend itself when/if you go to sell it. They seem to retain their value better than Glocks/M&P's/XD's.

LOL nice plug Weebs

+1 :s0155:, I have both the USP Compact in 9mm and 45ACP, and love them.

One thing I'll warn you about USPs though... They have a captive rail that requires USP accessories. It doesn't have a normal picatinny rail. You can get a cheap rail adapter that gives you a normal rail though.

One thing I'll warn you about USPs though... They have a captive rail that requires USP accessories. It doesn't have a normal picatinny rail. You can get a cheap rail adapter that gives you a normal rail though.

Under $20 for the rail, from Gun Accesories (G.A.S.) Joe Boyer :s0155:. He'll be at the Clark County Show this weekend. He's local.

Agree with all the feedback you've received so far. I've had my .40 full size for almost 15 years now and of all the polymer guns I've shot and/or owned, it is - by far - my favorite. Accurate, I've not had jamming issues and it's eaten some lower quality ammo that would have jammed up other guns I own, and it just...works. Much love for HK.

I have a USP Tactical in .45.

I have contemplated selling it before. But then I pick it up and shoot it and can't do it. The match trigger is nice, recoil is fairly mild, round count is still large, and it is VERY accurate.

There are some quirks. You don't want to ride the safety like a 1911 for fear of getting into the no-man's land of between fire and decock. This can be rectified by changing the internal plate to remove access to the decocker.

The aforementioned rail is proprietary.

The mags can be expensive.

The mag release is in a "different" place (but still usable).

Some people complain about the grip. It's no 1911, but it's still very comfortable for a double stack .45. Much more so than the brick of a Glock 21.

Overall, I really like it. If you feel that the above is untenable, they have made a 10 round USP with a picatinny rail and a slimmer grip. It's the "HK45".

I am a huge fan of the USP series... it was a big part of my love affair with guns. I've put thousands and thousands of rounds down USP 45 and 9mm in all sorts of sizes.

But I have to say, now that the P30L and HK45 are out now, I don't expect to own another USP. Compared to the ergonomic P30 and HK45, the USP now feel a little too much like holding a 2x4.

Nothing feels as much like a Ferrari than my HKs. I also happen to have a thing for 66 and 67 big block Corvettes though, so I also love 1911s :)

If ever asked to choose between my HKs and 1911s, I have no idea which I'd choose, but it's a fantastic world where I can own a few of each.

Check out the P30, P30L, and HK45 before you commit to a USP. If you have to have a 40, then the USP is the only option.

HK makes a great firearm. They are very reliable and very accruate. Their recoil reduction system really does work on the 45. I have a USP 9sd that is suppressed. The grip is large but I can still shoot it and I have small hands. I carry a HK45c. I really really like the way it fits the hand and shoots. Have you looked at the HK45?

the original usp 9 will always have a warm spot in my heart. who cares its huge. its trigger sucks. or that its expensive. and the rail is mostly useless. its still one helluva a shooter.

My opinion- they make just as good of a gun for less (i.e. Glock, XDM). I hate the mag release on the USPs, so they are a no-go for me. But if it fits your hand and your budget, you can't go wrong. H&K are one of the the best gun manufacturers in the world.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top