JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My old AK came with a polymer thumbhole stock and it felt great to me. I have an aK shotgun now which I put a wood thumbhole stock on and it also feels great for me. For me it feels about the same as a regular wood stock rifle or so.
I've shot that style AK, and agree the thumbhole stock is great, as is the SKS thumubhole stock, and almost every other thumbhole stock I have shot, but somehow that SL8 stock is just all shades of not right :confused:

I've shot that style AK, and agree the thumbhole stock is great, as is the SKS thumubhole stock, and almost every other thumbhole stock I have shot, but somehow that SL8 stock is just all shades of not right :confused:
Have heard similar to honest outlaws comments in all the reviews I've watched (not as good as pistol grip but not bad). But I've never shot it.

Sportsman's warehouse has a CA version (I think) that has a plug for the thumbhole. I've been tempted to buy that and remove the plug hole because it's been the only one in stock whenever I look. Have had it in my cart a few times and came close to buying it when it was on sale for $1499. The plug looks removable but I didn't want to chance it.

B68EEBA0-1A3A-4260-95C2-D31CF3EB4EF8.jpeg
Can also convert to a g36 folding stock and pistol grip but I wouldn't bother. All the reviews say the same thing that it's fine.

Last Edited:
If you're planning on buying one and converting it. Can't wait for the MP7 clone

I skipped around and those guys are painful to watch. They were talking about guns used in movies and such. Mp5 first became famous in British special forces use (including Iranian embassy siege) and likewise the g36 via British and German military and police use. They were talking about baddies using g36 and it's just the opposite. I personally give those two guys zero credibility and they don't know what they are talking about from the parts I watched. There is a set way to do the conversion right and it costs $. I have no interest in it but some might.

Video short of Iranian embassy seige which helped grow mp5 popularity largely cuz it was on live tv and the regular tv broadcast were interupted for it so lots of people watched it.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/AFHc5UrAU44?si=dCL0Jho09_bvyLWN

View: https://youtu.be/s8p7Sm0WrKo?si=NNvNzKwyOiL1s_RQ

If anyone is interested in tactics/ history of the embassy raid this guy describes it pretty well:

View: https://youtu.be/JOVJ0DSU5kU?si=tiO5ro0NUWdIgKbx

Last Edited:
Looks like enough aftermarket out there that knock offs have been made. Bottom Rail set is $10 and g36 top rail with integrated scope is $75. Even has the holes for drop in night vision. That scope/rail if bought from hk would be like 2.8 billion dollars or something.
C185E249-9818-49ED-BE76-5E23435A753C.jpeg
F435EECA-EFA0-4034-A007-C1CC671D6542.jpeg

Phew, got it before any potential m114 troubles. Love the feel of this thing. Everything feels overbuilt. Bolt feels a solid k-chunk when activating. Did not fire it yet. Stock feels just fine to me. Glad it's adjustable.

1C585BD4-C402-4FF9-9EF0-FC33ACF91C26.jpeg

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top