Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

HK P30

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by MIKEV311, Apr 1, 2012.

1. MIKEV311

MIKEV311 SALEM,OREGON Member

Ok so i was at my buddies house the other day and he is a ffl holder he had just ordered in a HK P30 for a guy and he let me check it out. I held this thing in my hand and it felt magical i have been mostly a Glock guy but this thing felt like it was made just for me. So my question is does anyone have any experience with these I know HK makes a fine firearm but i just want to hear some opinions my only concern is the trigger differences but im sure its nothing i couldn't get over with some practice. Anyone else ever have this conflict? im afraid if i buy it i might not like it and i don't know anywhere i can shoot one. Anyone know of a range that would rent one or anybody have one that would like to go shooting sometime?

2. papalondog

papalondog Mid Willamette Valley Active Member

The HK P30 is one of my, if not my favorite handguns. The grips can be adjusted to fit your hand perfectly. The sights are the best on the market as far as I am concerned. My one complaint is the trigger pull. Not necessarily that it is too heavy, but more because of the amount of creep. I haven't shot mine that much, maybe 200 rounds, but I have used several different type of ammo. Never a failure and deadon accurate if I do my part with the creepy trigger. BUY ONE, you'll love it.

3. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

I had my P30 trigger worked on at Grayguns. Now it's truly awesome.

4. papalondog

papalondog Mid Willamette Valley Active Member

I heard great things about Grayguns and emailed them about working on mine a few months ago. They never returned my email..................

5. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

That's strange, I had really good CS from them. Try giving them a call.

6. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

HK has very good customer service.

P30 is over engineered handgun. :)

Try light LEM trigger, If you don't like the SA/DA trigger.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/

7. ORGUNNER

ORGUNNER Salem, Oregon New Member

The HK P30 is a well made firearm I for one like the 45 ACP platform that's why the HK45c appeals to me. Good luck

8. oregon dirt rider

oregon dirt rider cottage grove New Member

Baron Den in Eugene has one in thier rental program, $5.00 for the gun (yopu can try others in the same caliper for the $5.00 too) $25 for the range for a day, no reloads on the range

9. MIKEV311

MIKEV311 SALEM,OREGON Member

thanks for all the replies it looks like im going to have to make a trip down to eugene and take one for a test run

10. Skang

11. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

The P30s has become my favorite 9mm to shoot. It fits my had very well and recoil is very managable. The trigger is not as nice as the HK45c, but it was designed as a duty gun. It you read the reviews and posts by owners on multiple forums, you will find that most are very pleased the P30.

P30carry.jpg

12. ripcity

ripcity Milwaukie Active Member

That is a sweet combo. Looks like I need to get one of those knifes now.

13. Skang

Benchmade has bunch of HK licensed models. Though that model is not made in U.S.A

Heckler & Koch