JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Kel-Tec announced a new vaperware gun this week. The P17. Which appears to be a small 17 round mostly polymer pistol with a 17 round capacity and a threaded barrel. The kicker is the MSRP is $200 so street pricing could be less.

Totally a throw in the trunk with a brick gun. Or a tackle box gun.

If it is reliable.

1567912127908.jpeg
39F67F53-9690-411E-8EC3-36A351008756-768x568.jpg

George seems to never miss since his early screw ups. So I would guess this too will be another hit. The norm when he puts out something new is after they actually start to ship it takes a year or better to be able to find one without paying scalper price. Hell the little 33 round .22 is still very hard to lay hands on unless you want to pay $150 over MSRP. I am sure George and his sons laugh all the way to the bank at the people who love to hate their stuff ;)

I don't hate their stuff, I just don't care for most of it.

A light small inexpensive .22 intrigues me (I already have several), but I can't imagine the trigger is very good, and I have a feeling that field stripping it for cleaning might be a chore - and .22 rimfires need to be cleaned often.

I have read that it is accurate - but I take leave to doubt that.

I have to admit I'm intrigued. While I prefer "nice" guns for any serious purposes I've always been oddly fascinated by cheap, not-so-nice-guns as well. Good chance I'd buy one if given the opportunity.

I think you need firearms at all price points and so long as they won't let you down when you need them it's all good. A young guy just starting out with a small family needs something he can afford and maybe later upgrade to something else.

All manufacturers have hits and misses. The only Kel-Tec I've owned is a KSG. I like it and it's not going anywhere. I hope for people without a lot of cash and need a pistol that's this one is a hit.

I've only had two experiences with Kel-Tec, and they diametrically opposed:

1. A P32 bought in 2006 that I've shot a crap ton, carried even more, and is my "deep concealment" choice when the attire or (teehee) venue necessitates the absolute smallest pistola available. The number of jams I've seen with that little pocket rocket I could count on one hand with several digits remaining. The damn thing is as ugly as sin, but it just works, and packs so easy. Almost zero recoil, as accurate as one would wish a mouse-gun to be, 7+1 or 10+1 capacity, depending on the magazine, and razor thin. Not a first choice, but for a point blank piece, when nothing else will do, one could do much worse.
  2. Recently picked up a CMR30 for the wife. Total POS. Never cycled through a single magazine without multiple malfunctions. Went back to the factory, came back, same crap. Though it was amusing smoking a cigar and firing off into forest yesterday from the back porch, any firearm that doesn't "just work" is gone, and this one is headed out. Adios.
YMMV. :s0155: