JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am trying to ensure that I can legally target practice where I am.

given this map, https://www.co.washington.or.us/Sheriff/CrimePrevention/upload/Restricted-Shooting-District-map.pdf , I determine I am not within the restricted shooting zone. However, I can't find anything specific to my area. I am living on private property, and my lease touches on nothing specific. Can I legally shoot for target practice (provided I am safe and shoot into the earth)?

i live in an apartment complex, and Would fire into what I believe is county-owned property.

In your OP you state that you would be firing into "what you believe is county owned property".

That right there sounds sketchy. You don't TRULY
know what and where you want to shoot at let alone backstops, life and property beyond what you can see and possible noise violations depending on who might live nearby. Shoot at a range or on National Forest land (where allowed). Anything else is risky and could end up badly.

I am trying to ensure that I can legally target practice where I am.

given this map, https://www.co.washington.or.us/Sheriff/CrimePrevention/upload/Restricted-Shooting-District-map.pdf , I determine I am not within the restricted shooting zone. However, I can't find anything specific to my area. I am living on private property, and my lease touches on nothing specific. Can I legally shoot for target practice (provided I am safe and shoot into the earth)?

i live in an apartment complex, and Would fire into what I believe is county-owned property.
If it's a four unit apartment complex where the owner stops by occasionally and does full auto mag dumps, then you probably can when he's doing the same. Otherwise, fuggitaboudit.

Thanks all. I'll be safe and fire where I know it's okay to. This just makes me yearn for some property of my own that I can shoot from mah front porch rockin' chair!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top