JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi Fellas,

I was taking a close look at my High Standard HB. and noticed some irregularities on the numbering. The slide & frame have the same factory stamping, 279XXX, but the slide also is neatly EP'd (BIG) below the factory serial, with a entirely different number that starts with a letter, B149XXXX. Any ideas? PAX

Youve got a few too many X's there but it sounds like you have a prewar frame with a post war double stamped slide. They probably had some left over HB frames that they built into complete guns after the war when they reintroduced the HB model and used then current production slides to finish them and sell them. Lots of leftover parts post war and Swebilius didnt throw anything away.

Youve got a few too many X's there but it sounds like you have a prewar frame with a post war double stamped slide. They probably had some left over HB frames that they built into complete guns after the war when they reintroduced the HB model and used then current production slides to finish them and sell them. Lots of leftover parts post war and Swebilius didnt throw anything away.

Thanks for the input. The slide & frame have the same 6 digit number. The slide also has an electro-penciled (EP'd) number with a capital letter (B), and a 7 digit number. PAX

279K is Post War 1948 in a HB. Does it have a safety? High Standard did utilize the Vibro Pencil but always in a hidden location. If it was a factory fit slide or barrel it could be vibro etched. 1st model Olympics (GO) had the last 4 of the serial number etched on the magazine as they were fit to each gun!
As wired said I think it was someones DL # or a Soc. # of some configuration! Quite commonly seen from back in the day!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top