JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
High court to define reach of gun control laws

The case marks the second round of high stakes litigation over the breadth of the Second Amendment and will likely have wider impact nationwide than the first. In June 2008, the justices struck down a Washington, D.C., handgun ban and declared for the first time that the Second Amendment covers an individual right to keep and bear arms. The new question is whether the 2008 decision also applies to cities and states, or only to laws in the federal government and its enclaves, such as Washington. It sets up another major constitutional question with ramifications for scores of mostly urban gun regulations.

<broken link removed>

All I can say is it is about time!

ElkFish.

:drink::drink::drink::drink:

If our representatives represented us they would know how the laws about guns are to be made from the citizens of the countries point of view. Where we as citizens thought it was appropriate to carry them and not need to have a few judges in court make that decision for ALL OF US UNITED STATES CITIZENS!

yes, we can bear arms... but they are going to take the ammo, its already scarce as all ****, and some smaller reloading outfits are getting out of the game because restrictions have become too tight. pay attention or prepare to lose rights

yes, we can bear arms... but they are going to take the ammo...

Care to backup that statement? In my opinion the reason ammo is in such short supply is because of fear mongering. I keep hearing about how "the gubmint is gonna take our ammo", but I have yet to see any solid information to back any of those statements up.

I haven't had any problems getting ammo for many months. In fact, the last show I went to the big dealers were packing a ton of stuff back home w/ them.

Isn't the so called ammo shortage over? I was in Bi-Mart at K-falls and they case after case on the floor with no limits. And the local ammo horder here was complaining he can't sell his 22 ammo for $20 a brick anymore.

ammo shortage? Never really materialized here. Got a little tight for a while but now major retailers like Cabela's are pushing ammunition in their promotions. Supply and demand I dare say.

-muddy

This is going to be an interesting contest. The heller decision was a close one with the conservatives being Pro-gun and the liberals being anti-gun (anti-constitution)

I assume the chances are good that this dicision may go the same way.

"In June 2008, the justices struck down a Washington, D.C., handgun ban and declared for the first time that the Second Amendment covers an individual right to keep and bear arms." WOW! they figured that all out by themselves? Comeon! Its quite ridiculous how one set of judges from one place in time decides how WE THE PEOPLE should interpret the Constitution and another set of judges from another place in time decides that NO! the other judges were wrong? but hey now we are the correct ones to decide for the dumb citizens...Yes the Constitution says we have a right to bare arms..That's sooooo hard to understand!

i remember hearing about someone's great idea of primers with a shelf life.... before anyone asks, or says im nuts.... no i havent looked for where this rumor originated... and no i have no idea how or what chemical properties could facilitate such attributes to a primer... but wouldnt that just suck? im just saying the "gubmint" IS NOT looking out for any interests of the people anymore... theres always some larger grand scheme, that should go without saying. or are you too "normal" to think a "conspiracy" is going on? is it a conspiracy if it is actually going on? look up Alex Jones on google or youtube... you will get footage of political figures saying these things, leaning towards a no gun "utopia" or maybe im just paranoid

Care to backup that statement? In my opinion the reason ammo is in such short supply is because of fear mongering. I keep hearing about how "the gubmint is gonna take our ammo", but I have yet to see any solid information to back any of those statements up.

I don't believe it is fearmongering, 14+ million bought guns last year so add 14+ million to an all ready behind the curve ammo manufacturer and you have shortages. But if you do any reading you cannot say that OUR gubmint ain't going to come after our guns. Try reading the 10 planks of the communist manifesto and how they apply to the place we call America.
http://www.libertyzone.com/Communist-Manifesto-Planks.html

I don't believe it is fearmongering, 14+ million bought guns last year so add 14+ million to an all ready behind the curve ammo manufacturer and you have shortages. But if you do any reading you cannot say that OUR gubmint ain't going to come after our guns. Try reading the 10 planks of the communist manifesto and how they apply to the place we call America.
http://www.libertyzone.com/Communist-Manifesto-Planks.html

First off let me say that I am aware that keeping our gun rights is an ongoing battle, because there are people in government that would love to strip us of that right. However the situation is not nearly as dire as some would have us believe.

I am not denying that people have been buying guns and ammo like mad. I am saying that all the unfounded talk about the government taking our guns and ammo is the CAUSE of it. All of the people that have been panic buying every round of ammo as it hits the shelves at retailers are the reason for the shortage. I have not seen any of these new laws that were supposedly coming. What I have seen is a lot of people spreading unsubstantiated rumors(such as the expiring primers rumor that keeps resurfacing), and even more people acting on them blindly. I have yet to see any proof to back up these claims, though I would be more than happy to eat my words if anyone can produce it.

Well I'm under 40 years old and I remember when teens used to carry guns to school with the permission of their parents and teacher for show and tell in the classroom. Guys with drivers license's always had their guns on a gunrack on the back window of their trucks in the school parking lot. Alot of people had guns at home on a rack above their fireplace mantels. ALOT has changed since then. Lots of asinine laws have been passed. I hope someday everyone will understand its not the guns that kill people. No matter how big and bad they are or how many rounds they can hold. Its the person that kills another person with a firearm or the lack of knowing how to handle a firearm. They can continue to pass as many laws as they wish but a gun can't point and shoot itself!

First off let me say that I am aware that keeping our gun rights is an ongoing battle, because there are people in government that would love to strip us of that right. However the situation is not nearly as dire as some would have us believe.

I am not denying that people have been buying guns and ammo like mad. I am saying that all the unfounded talk about the government taking our guns and ammo is the CAUSE of it. All of the people that have been panic buying every round of ammo as it hits the shelves at retailers are the reason for the shortage. I have not seen any of these new laws that were supposedly coming. What I have seen is a lot of people spreading unsubstantiated rumors(such as the expiring primers rumor that keeps resurfacing), and even more people acting on them blindly. I have yet to see any proof to back up these claims, though I would be more than happy to eat my words if anyone can produce it.

My friend, just remember the old wise saying, tis better to have and not need, than need and not have.
But to say they are not coming after our guns is a wee bit optomistic for my blood, after all they disarmed england, canada, australia and the rest of the syphalized world, what makes you so sure were not next?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top