JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have not been a huge lead bullet shooter/reloader. I am looking into shooting .458 SOCOM and was evaluating the costs. At about $1.00 per bullet for jacketed and $0.21 for lead I might be a cheap skate. I came across this coating that can be applied Hi-Performance Bullet Coatings. I am not sure wheather the extra diameter to the bullet would make the bullet stick in the barrel or change the bullets ballistics. Does anyone have any experience with lead bullet coatings?

Regards
-James

I have not been a huge lead bullet shooter/reloader. I am looking into shooting .458 SOCOM and was evaluating the costs. At about $1.00 per bullet for jacketed and $0.21 for lead I might be a cheap skate. I came across this coating that can be applied Hi-Performance Bullet Coatings. I am not sure wheather the extra diameter to the bullet would make the bullet stick in the barrel or change the bullets ballistics. Does anyone have any experience with lead bullet coatings?

Regards
-James
Search "powder coating" in their forum sub section. Lots of guys do it.

Coat some and celebrate our independence come July:D.

20170517_210858.jpg

These are Eastwood Powder Coat. If you can find inexpensive lead bullets or make your own the powder coating is a good inexpensive way to go. I've taken them to 1800fps without leading if they are sized properly. I've read claims of greater velocities but haven't experienced them myself yet. I think powder coating is easier and less expensive than hi-tek and holds up better at higher velocities. You're welcome to PM me for details if you're interested.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top