JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know. I have an unhealthy obsession with 32acp.
I have a couple of .32 acp pistols, and a couple .32 S&W Long revolvers. I'm sure glad I reload for them; .32 ammo is crazy expensive.

A coworker showed me an old WWI pistol that he inherited a while back, and asked about ammo. It's marked "7.65mm", but I let him know that's the European designation for .32acp. He told me later that he found some ammo on the shelf at Bi-Mart, but it was $42 for a box of 71gr FMJ!

I know. I have an unhealthy obsession with 32acp.
I'm down to a Smith 30-1 and a 1914 Mauser. One advantage is that .the semi-rimmed 32 ACP will chamber and fire in .32 revolvers - top breaks not advised. Currently looking for a 30-1/31-1 cylinder to re-chamber to .32 H&R. Although, the venerable .32 S&W/.32 Long Colt can be warmed up fairly well in one's own "oven."

Especially older Hi-Powers are beautifully built and accurate guns. Not particularly modern though, and now that they're expensive I would go with a CZ 75 or variant for something all metal and accurate. No comparison in finish though; CZs are tools and most Hi-Powers are works of art.

I don't own one but they are very nice guns.

Funny enough, I used to think Sig P-Series were THE guns to have. Still like them but really prefer an HK VP9 at this point to a P226. Time and technology marches on.

Funny enough, I used to think Sig P-Series were THE guns to have. Still like them but really prefer an HK VP9 at this point to a P226. Time and technology marches on.
I'll probably be judged by some for this comment, but sometimes I think time has marched on without me. I didn't even know what a VP9 was, had to look it up. It's been so long since I've paid much attention to new stuff that comes out, I don't even know what's what. Maybe that's why I still like the old stuff so much; I'll don't know what I'm missing with the newer gear. :)

I'll probably be judged by some for this comment, but sometimes I think time has marched on without me. I didn't even know what a VP9 was, had to look it up. It's been so long since I've paid much attention to new stuff that comes out, I don't even know what's what. Maybe that's why I still like the old stuff so much; I'll don't know what I'm missing with the newer gear. :)
I like wood and steel guns , tho I will admit to wandering astray a bit into the world of striker fired plastic guns. Now I'm finding that I'm down to 3 plastic-fantastics and have had a SA-35 on order for about a year now.

Nothing against the newer stuff; I'm sure it works great, and I do like my Glock (older model from the 90's). If I relied on firearms for my life and livelihood, I'd be all over the newest and best.

30 years ago I was all about the latest and greatest, though I couldn't afford it. I bought my Inglis Hi-Power back then because it was cheap surplus that I could afford. Now I've come full circle. I could afford the newer stuff if I wanted to, but I enjoy the old stuff more! :confused: For example, I finally bought an old-school single-action .45 Colt a few years back, Cimarron Pistolero, and I love it. Century-and-a-half old technology, but I wouldn't feel too terribly under-gunned if it was all I had.

As someone who has had to draw my gun in the last few years, I want a Semi auto or a double action revolver. I am not going to want to pull a trigger and have it not go bang. But if I was further from Portland, I would feel different.

VZ 61? If so how does it shoot, if I guessed wrong I'd be curious to know what it is.
I've been looking for a VZ 61 pistol for years locally, never seen one in person.
Indeed:

1660192453863.png

It is a really fun shooter. Surprisingly accurate. Suppresses well. Reliability isn't perfect, but not a big issue either.

Is the reliability because of rimlock? I ask because blowback operated guns are usually very reliable.
Good question and I'm not sure. In fairness, at least a couple of times flakiness was due to getting pretty gunky inside, and I normally shoot it suppressed. Beyond ones that are fairly obviously maintenance related, I've had a couple oddball ones that I can't figure how, mechanically, it did that. All and all, though, not a big deal.

I really like Sig and CZ metal pistols. One of my favorites is the old single-stack P225.

I used to be very anti-plastic pistol, eventually got into Glocks, and had quite a few at one point. I've since become less a fan of Glock but really like the HK VP9. It kind of ticks all the boxes for me. I enjoy shooting all of them, but if the SHTF I'd be grabbing the VP9 first. Quick to operate, good trigger pull (although nothing like a CZ Custom), and mostly no decockers or safeties to think about. Plus the mag release is in just the right place.

I know this thread has drifted way off course, but the Tisas PX-9 Gen 3 is a great gun for the money. Reminds me of a bargain VP9. So if you're thinking of venturing into plastic land, you should check it out.

Sticking with my BHP.....
keep trying different pistols, but the BHP is the one that finds it's way back into my holster as EDC.
Runner up would be the Wilson Ultra lite, but only 8 fat 45s in that, or the CZ p10c, which is by far my favorite plastic for carry....

IMG_6535.JPG

I have a Langdon Centurian- it is a lovely gun but too fat, (and only one of us can be), and a VP9 which I just don't shoot well.
So I carry this Garthwaite HP

IMG_6538.JPG

The HP is just one of the slimmest, most elegant, ergonomic 9mm pistols out there if you're a C&L fan...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top