Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB OR Hi-Point Pistol in .380,9mm,or .45

Discussion in 'Handguns Wanted' started by BearSlayer338, Jul 6, 2015.

1. BearSlayer338

BearSlayer338 California :( Active Member

I looking to buy a Hi-Point Pistol in .380,9mm,or .45,I keep hearing good things about them online and I'm curious to try one out to see if they are actually a decent gun for the money.

Preference in this order:

1. 9mm
    2. .45
    3. .380

Hi-Cap_S.jpg

2. lazerblazer

lazerblazer Portland Active Member

PM sent

3. 38STUPER

38STUPER OREGON New Member

HOWDY, I HAVE A 9MM HI-POINT, ONLY 20 ROUNDS THRU IT, BOX AND ALL. 220.00

4. BearSlayer338

BearSlayer338 California :( Active Member

That seems a bit steep,most Oregon gun stores sell them NEW for $180 or less.

5. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I don't have one to offer, but if you don't mind an opinion on your thread...I've owned a Hi-Point JHP (.45acp). Overall, not a bad gun. Ugly as sin, and heavy, but I'll say it was very accurate and ran 100% on everything I ran through it. Threw a Hogue Handall sleeve on the grip to improve the feel. To me, the size made it impractical for anything but a home defense or vehicle gun. I only bought it out of sheer curiosity. I sold it last year, but found a little respect for them along the way.

I just wanted to throw out a recommendation since you stated 9mm is your first choice. For just a little more (about $230 depending on where you get it), you can get a SCCY CPX-2. 10+1 rounds, much more compact, so you could use it as a carry gun, and very reliable in my tests of it. Also American made, and well built. It's worth checking out in the budget gun arena.

6. 38STUPER

38STUPER OREGON New Member

UNDERSTOOD