JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome to NWFA, the 870 is an excellent choice.
I felt it was a good choice too. They really wanted me to get an AR but I felt a shotgun is a good first choice for a first gun. I got it for home protection. I will need to find a good place to shoot it so I'm used to it and can work on my aim etc. I do plan to go get a handgun and maybe an AR later on.

Get an AR lower receiver now. No state paperwork, no waiting period, just instant federal computer check by the FFL. You can buy the upper receiver / barrel / other components later.

There are thousands of very knowledgeable people here at NWFA. Welcome.

I believe West Coast Amory in Bellevue has a shotgun beginners course they run, solid instructors also. I chose the Remy 870 Marine Magnum about 20 years ago and it's been my go-to for home protection.

I believe West Coast Amory in Bellevue has a shotgun beginners course they run, solid instructors also. I chose the Remy 870 Marine Magnum about 20 years ago and it's been my go-to for home protection.
Oh wow! How awesome! I'll check them out and see how they are. I've shot guns before and I'm aware it's got a kick to it. I know how to stand with it but getting that experience in with my own gun is good. I got slugs for mine as they were out of the regular ammo. I don't need the ammo for ducks/plates etc. The guy told me that the regular ammo comes in next week as they sold out. I look forward to shooting my gun soon!

Welcome to NWFA!!

The 870 is one of the quintessential home defense and hunting guns, a mighty fine choice there.

It is unfortunate that current stock is so low right now. Because IMO #4 Buck is some of the best HD ammo available. Much less chance for over penetration than #00. Of course this is highly subjective so YMMV :D

Ok, ok let me figure out how to attach pics lol

2598D05B-1879-43C0-931F-AAFA460235BD.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews