JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

We are looking to get free of this communist state and Oregon & Washington are tops on our list. So, I want to start looking into what's happening up there ;)

Hopefully next year we can get our butts our of here!

peace, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Michael J.:cool:

Hi.
I have a suggestion. Bring the rest of you with your butts. If you are a conservative, freedom loving, gun lover, religion clinging dude welcome to the Northwest.

Thanks to all! :) Yup, we meet all that! We're both working on looking for employment...My fiance has family in Seattle, outside of Seattle (Kingston), and in Bend, OR.

thanks! We hope to be making the move next year and never looking back! :)

Welcome aboard! My family and I moved from Orange County (Mission Viejo) to Washington County, OR, about 17 years ago. Never regretted it. This is a fine area to raise well-adjusted children, and outdoor recreation is conveniently accessible. My daughter and son are grown now, but they've done well here. Best of luck in your relocation; I think you've made a good choice.

Welcome aboard, you'll find there's plenty of transplants in the PNW. It seems most from socal move to WA, most from norcal move to portland. I don't think seattle traffic is that bad compared to LA/OC traffic. First time I came up for a visit, I was staying with a friend who moved up from santa ana, got stuck in traffic and I said "lemme see if I understand this, you moved 1200 miles to sit in traffic at the 5/405 interchange?"

Michael, we left commiefornia in 1991 and the last load out was shall we say, including some space containers retrieved from under a buddies rural barn (register this!)

Breathe free again and help us fight the good fight on this side of enemy lines. Last year we had record and amazing rallies at the state capitols, stay tuned and please show up for future rallies

Shall issue CCW in both states and no "AWB" or mag limitations. OR is still a Full Auto state and WA has Suppressors and Destructive Devices

Thanks! We're working on finding jobs to get the heck out of hear!

Central Oregon? Ok...we'll keep that in our search ;)

Other than Monster, Indeed, and the like, any input on job search firms would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Other than Monster, Indeed, and the like, any input on job search firms would be appreciated.

Thank you!

I would suggest The Oregonian newspaper on Sundays, the main webpage for the State of Oregon also has links to state and available jobs by region through the local employment offices, along with Craiglist, and county website available jobs if you are looking to get into the public sector.

Thank you!

Depends on the job. I can think of dice, careerbuilder, linkedin, glassdoor, and craigslist. Might also pay to look at state/local government sites depending on what you are seeking and looking to live.

I would suggest The Oregonian newspaper on Sundays, the main webpage for the State of Oregon also has links to state and available jobs by region through the local employment offices, along with Craiglist, and county website available jobs if you are looking to get into the public sector.

Yup, already have an active account with the Oregonian and getting alerts each day - thank you! Will look at Craigslist next...
Thanks!

This site might be useful.
http://www.linkedin.com

Yup, I do have an account there and didn't want to post yet I was looking, however, better now than later!
Thank you!

Depends on the job. I can think of dice, careerbuilder, linkedin, glassdoor, and craigslist. Might also pay to look at state/local government sites depending on what you are seeking and looking to live.

Yup, have active account on almost all of those! ;) getting SO many alerts each day it's overwhelming. Tough to narrow down and find the correct position. Most people won't consider unless you're local ;(

My fiance is in Animal Welfare, non-profit, Web manager - social media, web design, fund raising...
I am a Senior level Software Engineer with emphasis on Project Management - no server side, apps, and such - that's my issue...those jobs are plentiful. I don't code any longer - not interested at my age :)

Thanks for all the help! We'll keep plugging along! We do have some areas in mind, but again, without jobs, they don't matter! We want to be rural, with 5-10 acres so we can expand our garden, etc....

Thank you!

Might want to try seattle area... Tmobile, microsoft, amazon etc are always hiring, If you end up in that neck of the woods, there are some nice places down by me in maple valley, and further south in puyallup. If you end up at microsoft, check out duvall, wa.

Your "target-rich environment" for employment lies in Washington and Multnomah counties. Central Oregon is a fine region in which to live, but the software companies are clustered about Portland, Hillsboro, Salem, Corvallis, etc. Best of luck in your relocation and job quest. I'm not discounting the Seattle area, but I regard Seattle with some skepticism and think the area surrounding Portland offers a better quality of life. By the way, there's no sales tax in the State of Oregon.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top