JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got an RST4 from 1954ish. Wonderful design & still works very well. Tiny sights only real geezer-issue for me. I've shot it a number of times in speed steel; it is as 'competitive' as I am....given we're both about 3x age of most in the squad.;)

My first Ruger pistol is also an RST4. I was too young to sign for it so my Dad did that for me. I put an LPA adjustable sight in the rear dovetail so I could adjust the sights when shooting various .22 Long Rifle rounds from Standard to Hi-Velocity. Helps quite a bit:

JdyE95Em.jpg

Glad to hear Ruger is bringing back the 10" barrel on the Mark series. I have each one blue and stainless 10" Mark II, and always enjoy shooting this configuration with the long sight radius. Does it have a slight taper like the Mark IIs were, or more pronounced taper?

I've got an older TacSol upper on my 22/45 I bought off a member here, I believe it's 10 1/2" long. It's a large diameter lightweight (steel sleeve) barrel. I love shooting it with the long sight radius, it is very accurate.

Yup, always dug the ol' standard. I picked one up used one time that I don't think had ever been apart. Previous owner had just blasted it out with can o' whatever for better than half a century. The thing essentially had a plasticized layer of funk through the entire thing. I ended up having to scrub the parts down in a sink of dish soap, hot water, and a brush. Even through all that neglect, it was still a gem.

I had a 10" for several decades. As noted above, mine also balanced surprisingly well. Very accurate albeit a bit ponderous . Speed on multiple targets is not where this model shines. Tin can at 75 yards standing, easy. From seated benches it's pretty much a short carbine. I miss mine.

Quite a few years ago I picked up a Mark II 10-inch stainless steel barrel assembly where the owner lopped 1½ inches off the barrel. Was cheap enough to consider for an over-winter project. I milled the barrel contour to a copy of a similar style I'd seen somewhere. The rib, has since been replaced. I still get great velocities and the barrel hangs real easy out front for target shooting:

ApWU7KWl.jpg

Glad to hear Ruger is bringing back the 10" barrel on the Mark series. I have each one blue and stainless 10" Mark II, and always enjoy shooting this configuration with the long sight radius. Does it have a slight taper like the Mark IIs were, or more pronounced taper?

Not sure, as I have not actually handled the Mark IV 10-inch up close and personal. Both of my Ruger Mark II 10-inch versions do indeed have the heavy "tapered" barrels, they ALL do. Measure the muzzle end and then the receiver end with a micrometer and you'll soon find out that the barrel is indeed tapered.
The two I have are the MOST accurate Ruger Mark pistols that I own. I attribute that to the 10-inch barrel length and the bullet getting a bit more contact with the rifling to achieve better free flight stability. Yup! 100 yard silhouette targets are just too easy with these handguns. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top