JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please enlighten me as to why some of you take an old thread in the classifieds from page 9 and bump it to the top, only to inform us it's SOLD and lock the thread seconds later? Why not just edit the original post and lock it without the bump? I don't currently have any guns in the classifieds so don't read too far into my rant, but you are pushing other peoples active listings off page one for what seems like no apparent reason.

And don't tell me it is to notify those interested in your gun that it's no longer available because anyone who is truly interested is stalking that thread everywhere it goes like DieselScout does his ex's.

j98o5l.jpg

Please enlighten me as to why some of you take an old thread in the classifieds from page 9 and bump it to the top, only to inform us it's SOLD and lock the thread seconds later?
j98o5l.jpg

You should cut some slack to these people ,they might have just stepped off the short bus. These are most likely the same people who think that Oly, DMPS, Bushmaster, Del-ton, Windam, are the same as any tier1 AR.

:s0140: :s0053:

Was wondering when this topic was going to come up again.
So true, getting out of hand again. It's like people can't read.
ITS IN THE BUBBLEGUMMING RULES!
Nobody gives a flying crap that your item was "SOLD", "GONE",
"WITHDRAWN", or my favorite was something like "SOLD WITHIN 10MINUTES OF POSTING!". Like there is some reward for that.

There's a dude on there now that has listed his item twice, once to sell and once to trade.
Creative thinking.

Full disclosure, yes, I ha e a dog in the fight. I have a pistol on there I need to sell pretty badly to fund hunting this fall. No sale and WhyteCheddar sits home this fall taking care of Mrs. WhyteCheddar's substantial honeydo list.

I recently experienced an issue where having left pictures up on old threads I had difficulty adding images to new posts. I then went through all my old posts and removed the photographs, which fixed the issue, You can't edit a closed thread, and there are a good number of people who will email you to see if an item is still available even if the thread is closed if not marked "sold" "gone" etc. Removing images also increases space for other users. Unlike creating pointless anti-social threads like this, which wastes space. It all adds up really.

Please enlighten me as to why some of you take an old thread in the classifieds from page 9 and bump it to the top, only to inform us it's SOLD and lock the thread seconds later? Why not just edit the original post and lock it without the bump? I don't currently have any guns in the classifieds so don't read too far into my rant, but you are pushing other peoples active listings off page one for what seems like no apparent reason.

And don't tell me it is to notify those interested in your gun that it's no longer available because anyone who is truly interested is stalking that thread everywhere it goes like DieselScout does his ex's.

j98o5l.jpg

You have just reminded me that I need to go into some of my classified ads to bump and close them. Thanks for the reminder!
Special_Ed.jpg

I recently experienced an issue where having left pictures up on old threads I had difficulty adding images to new posts. I then went through all my old posts and removed the photographs, which fixed the issue, You can't edit a closed thread, and there are a good number of people who will email you to see if an item is still available even if the thread is closed if not marked "sold" "gone" etc. Removing images also increases space for other users. Unlike creating pointless anti-social threads like this, which wastes space. It all adds up really.

Huge difference between changing the title and closing vs changing and bumping.
What is anti social is not following the rules. Calling someone out for not following the rules is an effort to keep our little slice of society functioning smoothly for everybody.

"please close"
in all seriousness I agree.
I think I did it once on accident as always space to "go advanced" to remove title and pics. On the flip side at least the ads are getting closed so I don't waste my time pming to recieve a another "sold" reply.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top