JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At least that's what I used to think before I saw some of the butchery in build groups.
Never been to a build group but I too have seen some pretty rough stuff done to a few ARs I have seen and held over the years.

Not that poor workmanship is limited to just AR builds as I have seen some pretty scary (and depressing) things done to traditional and classic guns as well.

Last Edited:
Ar-15s are just legos for grown ups.
Indeed.
At least that's what I used to think before I saw some of the butchery in build groups.
You should see the "home improvement" some of these schmucks attempt.....
I dont think I'd trust random persons build ever again.
+1. Gave my daughter an AR10 for graduation.
Her : "can I shoot it?"
me : "never trust any used gun from anyone, even me. Tear it down, inspect it, ensure that it will function properly." She did. :)

On top of being a home build the majority are using budget kits.
And after watching a few autopsy vids on them I'm never buying another.
Canted FSB, out of spec chambers, misaligned barrel extensions etc.

Too many believe Ar-15s are just legos for grown ups. There is no way I'd buy a home build from anyone.
During the 2016 panic I got a few AR carbines from big names that were assembled incorrectly. Anyone can be sloppy it seems, if the right circumstances arise. Those, I had to partially tear down and reassemble them. No permanent damage but a bit annoying. One gas tube needed replaced.

no I have build many ARS... if your small brain was working my original post stated don't try and trade your crappy home build that obviously sucks and you are trying to pawn off on someone for an actually good gun..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top