JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When used for defense, does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not these would pose a liability in court?
I have a few boxes and would like to fill the tube of my bedroom Rem 870.
They do not seem to be too over-penetrating and definitly one-shot stoppers.

Last Edited:
There was a previous thread about liability, self loaded rounds - other speciality rounds. Look it up.
Lots of opinions
The Ammo may not having anything to do with criminal liability.
But it does not mean they will not use it against to paint you as someone you may not be. That evil person who uses the unique ammo to kill and mame people. Why you probably planned it out.
Which is why I think most legal people say to use OTC loaded ammo and std loads - self defense loads?

If you want a real answer go talk to a defense lawyer familair with dealing with the issue.
That is the only really important consideration.

Massad Ayoob has done several stories about this, and it does come up in court. A good lawyer will get you off, but do you have a good enough lawyer? Personally I won't use anything but standard commercial loads

I must've been living in a cave to not have seen these before. Those are fantastic. May have to get myself some for the 870 as well.

The lawyer will be worth it.

Wow, those look brutal! I don't know the effectiveness for HD, but they appear to have good results with game. Personally I wouldn't worry too much about these in a civil or legal suit, there are many more important factors to worry about.

Hexolit_32_picture.jpg

Manufacture info:
Ddupleks products

Everything will be used against you during a case. A lawyer's job is to win and anything they can gain leverage with will be brought up.

That said; go bag a deer or elk using that round. You can then say it was a standard hunting load that you had on hand commonly.

OK the fact that it doesn't over penetrate is very good.
That's why you used it,so it wouldn't hit anyone but the bad guy.

EVERYTHING will be used against you in court

Let's say you were involved in a fatal accident. It was deemed not your fault and there were no criminal charges filed against you. The family of the deceased decided to take civil action against you. Now, the vehicle you were driving in the accident was a Hot rodded 68 Camaro. You'd done tons of work on it, including changing the brake system, and the steering system of the car. You'd also added a way more powerful engine and more performance oriented tires. You don't have alot of money, so you didn't buy aftermarket kits, but did the upgrade yourself through a combination of buying parts and using junkyarded parts.

Do you think the upgrades done to your car and your ability to do them is going to come up in the civil suit? Yes, of course it is because any lawyer worth a damn, is going to try and discredit you and your ability. If a fatal shooting goes to civil court anything you've done to your pistol or ammunition may come under scrutiny, as will you if you've received any sort of advanced training. It's the nature of the beast when you go to trial, everything is going to be called into question. It won't stop me from upgrading my car, it won't stop my from upgrading my gun or ammunition.

When it all comes down to it better to be judged by 12, then carried by 6.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads