JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I were to guess, I would say that sounds about like 450 rounds per min, rate of fire, based on my experience with real machine guns! That would certainly take down a drone with in the effective range!

OK folks, with full realization that I'm probably stirring the pot, I'll weigh in as a gun owner, property owner, commercial pilot - and a commercial grade 'drone' owner and operator.

I understand and respect our privacy concerns. That said, we don't own- legally- the airspace above our property. If we did, we could charge rent on every airliner that went over,. Not reality.

So the real question is how high does our 'property' go? I'm no legal expert but I've seen data that suggests the line is bout 30-40 feet above ground or perhaps the top of any buildings.
So, if you are confronted by a drone within, say baseball bat range, it is probably in your personal area. If it goes over - or hovers- at treetop heights , say 50 feet, it is probably not going to be in your flavor if you 'interfere with operations in the National Airspace System' by, say, shooting it down. Right? Fair?- not for me to say. Just be cautious if you " interfere" aka damage one above your property.
Fly your plane 30 or 40 feet over a city street and take pictures of everything and see what the FAA HAS TO SAY ABOUT OPEN AIRSPACE

Air space is becoming more and more of a topic.....

The Great Race for Manhattan Air Rights

I do know of a company that have antennae's around the region that transmit/receive. I do know for a fact that NOTHING will be allowed in the line of sight (or transmit/receive path) of any of it's antennae's. No buildings or tree/vegetation growth, no nothing.

I don't see a problem with drones flying over and past my house and property. BUT, when they start to hover over my house and property, there is nothing to be assumed but surveillance (peeping!) that is being done by the operator of said flying machine. And that is a violation of my rights to privacy.

bxc53, you sound like a responsible operator. BUT, it is the irresponsible operators that are causing bad mojo.

Last Edited:
Had a drone fly low and slow over my deck. I was pissed!!:mad:

Now I am ready for it with a high pressure water hose if he does it again. Month later he flies over my house but about 150' up so I watch it and see where it came from. Ended up being my neighbor so I go and talk to him. He was very understanding but his son who's drone it was got a little lippy. (Kid was about 18 I'm guessing)

So I looked at the kid and said with a very straight face, if you like your $800 dollar drone that daddy bought you don't do it or my $30 drone will make it crash and burn. :D

Whatever line you arrive at, google has already violated

This is exactly what I was thinking. Two nights ago there were quite a few drones flying over our house. We live on a bluff overlooking Swan Island and the Willamette so it's a pretty common sight to see them buzzing around at night. I got a little irritated, but then I just had to laugh at myself. This day in age there is no such thing as privacy and my neighbor's drone has very little to do with that reality.

(I still fantasize about shooting them down though :p)

Planet Eclipse GTEC you can see the control panel on the grip it's set at 12 per second now IMAG1093.jpg IMAG1094.jpg IMAG1096.jpg

This is exactly what I was thinking. Two nights ago there were quite a few drones flying over our house. We live on a bluff overlooking Swan Island and the Willamette so it's a pretty common sight to see them buzzing around at night. I got a little irritated, but then I just had to laugh at myself. This day in age there is no such thing as privacy and my neighbor's drone has very little to do with that reality.

I work on Swan Island and know exactly what you're talking about.

At this point in time drones are a concern but not a threat. If social conditions go south and my family's security is a significant problem, it's game on and any unknown drone over my property is cause for saying "Pull!"

At the same time I'm working with my much more tech savvy son to have our own drone ready for extra eyes around the homestead.

We might have to deal with certain things in life spying on us but it shouldn't be the neighbor kid! I catch that drone at the right height and it will come down to prove a point. If he is at 150'+ then I really don't care but at 30' where he has to climb to go over my shop then its game on.

if you were serious about protecting your property youd get a real drone. 100+ foot wingspan, massive payload. its the obvious choice. Dont listen to warthog fanboys. predator>warthog

if you were serious about protecting your property youd get a real drone. 100+ foot wingspan, massive payload. its the obvious choice. Dont listen to warthog fanboys. predator>warthog
YEP if you got a few million dollars to burn and have a runway in your yard and access to hell fire missile 's go for it lol

I understand and respect our privacy concerns. That said, we don't own- legally- the airspace above our property. If we did, we could charge rent on every airliner that went over,. Not reality.

I cant find a link right now but there is actually case law about this exact subject where a guy sues the airline industry years ago for the airspace over his house. If I recall, he lost... But an altitude was established thats much higher than one would guess I think either 200 or maybe 400 vertical feet above your property is legally your airspace.

Ill have to see if I can find that case later...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top