JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are going to be a lot of these cases in the near future that go different ways for different reasons. Glad to see that the homeowner won this one. I like quadcopters and will probably get one eventually, but I'm not going to fly it over people's houses. I'm also pretty sure that if I discharged a shotgun in my neighborhood I'd better be defending someone's life.

So the drone was 200' up and was passing over. Not hovering! I applaud the "Drone Slayers" ability with a "short barreled shotgun, loaded with bird shot!" Nice shooting, Sir, nice shooting indeed!

Go on YouTube and search DRONE NET GUN THERE ARE A FEW VIDEO 'S OF STUFF GUYS HAVE MADE TO CATCH DRONE 'S WITHOUT GOING TO JAIL LOL

OK folks, with full realization that I'm probably stirring the pot, I'll weigh in as a gun owner, property owner, commercial pilot - and a commercial grade 'drone' owner and operator.

I understand and respect our privacy concerns. That said, we don't own- legally- the airspace above our property. If we did, we could charge rent on every airliner that went over,. Not reality.

So the real question is how high does our 'property' go? I'm no legal expert but I've seen data that suggests the line is bout 30-40 feet above ground or perhaps the top of any buildings.
So, if you are confronted by a drone within, say baseball bat range, it is probably in your personal area. If it goes over - or hovers- at treetop heights , say 50 feet, it is probably not going to be in your flavor if you 'interfere with operations in the National Airspace System' by, say, shooting it down. Right? Fair?- not for me to say. Just be cautious if you " interfere" aka damage one above your property.

^^^^This^^^^
The powers that be really need to define a "safe" altitude above personally owned property. They need to define what constitutes privacy vs public domain, and they need to define a persons rights to privacy and space in regards to use of drones!
My question, what is reasonable? if Some one is flying one of these and is focusing on a person or a persons private property, even above a set minimum altitude, is it a violation of privacy? Can/should an operator be charged with trespass, or voyeurism?
It's one thing to simply pass over some ones home, it's quite another to sit there hovering over a set spot presumably watching/recording video! If I ever see a drone in my AO again, unless it's painted in U.S.Mil markings, it gets dissipated!!!

Rumors are, there is a big drone lost some where in the woods way out past my place, has a great big chunk missing out of it, and some how, no one has reported it missing, or bothered to go looking for it!:oops::oops::oops:

Seems like a paintball gun would be a viable solution. Muck up the camera so it can't record anything. Doesn't really do any permanent damage (unless it's one of those micro quadcopters). And the pilot would know that he needs more altitude.

^^^^This^^^^
The powers that be really need to define a "safe" altitude above personally owned property. They need to define what constitutes privacy vs public domain, and they need to define a persons rights to privacy and space in regards to use of drones!
My question, what is reasonable? if Some one is flying one of these and is focusing on a person or a persons private property, even above a set minimum altitude, is it a violation of privacy? Can/should an operator be charged with trespass, or voyeurism?
It's one thing to simply pass over some ones home, it's quite another to sit there hovering over a set spot presumably watching/recording video! If I ever see a drone in my AO again, unless it's painted in U.S.Mil markings, it gets dissipated!!!
Whatever line you arrive at, google has already violated

That would be some shot, hitting the camera on a moving quadcopter.

Yeah, it would definitely be more challenging than hitting a running paintball opponent. But the rate of fire that modern paintball markers can reach is pretty impressive. You'd basically just launch the volley and follow them to your target like tracers. Easy for me to say while sitting in the comfort of my home at my keyboard. But I'd sure love to try it.

Yeah, it would definitely be more challenging than hitting a running paintball opponent. But the rate of fire that modern paintball markers can reach is pretty impressive. You'd basically just launch the volley and follow them to your target like tracers. Easy for me to say while sitting in the comfort of my home at my keyboard. But I'd sure love to try it.
OK, I can see a full auto paintball gun bringing the odds into line. What kind of rate of fire are we talking here? :)

A high rate. :) I don't do paintball, too messy for me. But I've had friends who do and have watched matches. When you're stuck in crossfire, you literally can't move cause there are so many paintballs flying over head.

Quick search on YT found this guy, who knows how to rapid fire:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads