JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Should be moved to deals.

With that said, this company is stupid:

"At this time, we are not shipping to CA, CT, MA, NY, DE, NJ, MD, HI, WA, RI, CO, VT, D.C. and AK. Sorry for any inconvenience."

There is ZERO reason not to ship a lever action rifle to WA. This company licks boots and helps gun banners.

i got my 44mag x model on fin feather fur.com
i had never heard of it either but it shipped and arrived a few days later

You're funny.

That gun (I'm sure they only had one nationally) came in stock at 6:11 AM Pacific Time - which is when I got the in stock email. I was trying to check out by 6:15 am and got an out of stock error message.

It's a very difficult to get gun - it goes for $1600 on Gunbroker as a result.

I know you're trying to be helpful here but you're just adding insult to injury on this topic.

You're funny.

That gun (I'm sure they only had one nationally) came in stock at 6:11 AM Pacific Time - which is when I got the in stock email. I was trying to check out by 6:15 am and got an out of stock error message.

It's a very difficult to get gun - it goes for $1600 on Gunbroker as a result.

I know you're trying to be helpful here but you're just adding insult to injury on this topic.
i helped another guy find this gun. he had the same thing happen with the error message. he ended up calling the 800 number and they walked him through finding one.

i helped another guy find this gun. he had the same thing happen with the error message. he ended up calling the 800 number and they walked him through finding one.
That's cool. Glad to hear it. I've called twice. Both times they said the one (or two) they had were instantly sold…under 2 minutes from in stock to purchased.

That's cool. Glad to hear it. I've called twice. Both times they said the one (or two) they had were instantly sold…under 2 minutes from in stock to purchased.
all right, well good luck to you. the only thing i didnt like about the xmodel is that it just felt so plastic. i ended up selling it and going with the all weather

Tbh, I'm at a loss as to why it's so popular, given the 44 seems to me to be superior in every regard except perhaps ammo cost.

I love my 44-X, personally. The polymer furniture is lighter, has a bottom rail, and is just as weatherproof as the all-weather model. Sure, it isn't as pretty as the old fashioned wood and steel, but the X was never intended to compete with that look.

Last Edited:
Tbh, I'm at a loss as to why it's so popular, given the 44 seems to me to be superior in every regard except perhaps ammo cost.

I love my 44-X, personally. The polymer furniture is lighter, has a bottom rail, and is just as weatherproof as the all-weather model. Sure, it isn't as pretty as the old fashioned wood and steel, but the X was never intended to compete with that look.
good points. i did see one guy that put black wood furniture on an x model and boy did it look sexy

Likely more popular in consideration of suppressed use vs. real world use case. I prefer the 38/357 caliber due to cheaper reloading costs, queiter when suppressed and better suppressor compatibility. Those who own suppressors are more likely to have a can cable of 38 caliber cartridges vs. 44 caliber cartridges. In my case I am only shooting steel or other items at the range so round performance is of no consequence. For this specific model, I think there are a lot of folks with similar criteria. Suppressor ownership has experienced exponential growth the last three years driving sales of suppressor hosts at previously unrealized rates.

Likely more popular in consideration of suppressed use vs. real world use case. I prefer the 38/357 caliber due to cheaper reloading costs, queiter when suppressed and better suppressor compatibility. Those who own suppressors are more likely to have a can cable of 38 caliber cartridges vs. 44 caliber cartridges. In my case I am only shooting steel or other items at the range so round performance is of no consequence. For this specific model, I think there are a lot of folks with similar criteria. Suppressor ownership has experienced exponential growth the last three years driving sales of suppressor hosts at previously unrealized rates.
I haven't crunched the numbers, but I'd expect a .44 Special to be pretty quiet when fired with a can. That said, it may not be quieter than a .38 Special.

You're probably right about more commonly owned suppressors, however. Good point there.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top