JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all, I have a model 94 .25-35 with a 20" barrel and fancy checkerd stock. Its in good condition and shoots very well. It was manufactured in 1927. I have done some online research in order to find a good asking price on this rifle but am having trouble. There are so many variations these rifles came in and the prices are just all over the place. If there is anyone that could help it would be much appriciated. Check out the pics and let me know what you think.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

From the pictures it looks like the stock has been refinished, someone did a kitchen table checkering job, the rear sight elevator is missing, the front sight hood is missing, bluing loss on the receiver and a peep sight was installed. That's just on the outside.
All of these issues devalue your Winchester from collector grade to shooter grade.

Thanks for the quick reply. It's been in my family since it was new so sounds like its more centimental value than anything else. Care to throw a number out there just for my own knowledge?

Nice original condition 94's in this caliber that have no alterations with normal handling wear, command $1,200.00 on up.
If I was thinking of adding this gun to my collection, I would offer $350.00, and I would then start looking for a replacement stock, rear sight elevator and front sight hood.
Can't do anything about the drilled and tapped peep sight holes in the receiver.

I see and read about a lot of leverguns in my surfing,and because of my interest in cowboy action shooting.almost any Winchester of that era,in decent shootable condition,is bringing a minimum of 450.00. that's my opinion and I"m far from being an expert on it..just acquired knowledge over the years.

I'll estimate at $300 in its current condition it has no collector value in it's current condition or appeal to cas/sass shooters being as most shooters don't use model 94s or the 25-35 cal. If it was reblued and had the stock replaced you might get $500-600

Collector market is down with the economy. I just bought this 1955 for $375 from a gun shop. Gun is 90%+ with origonal finish.
I addmit I would buy all I could find at that price. Still prices are down.
The only rifle to hold any value after the receiver is drilled and tapped is a winchester. Maybe because people think thats what some old cowboy would do to his rifle. Not sure? I do know it would have no value if it was a military rifle. It just kills the resale.
For me $250 is all I would offer for a rifle in that condition. I think after replacement stocks and sight parts I would be upside down. So I would not change a thing. And just enjoy it as it is. I like the way it looks. It's just this lousy market has made a lot of nice guns suddenly affordible and avalible.

I thought the Nickel Steel marked guns didn't get the traditional blueing on the reciever.
Looks like a nice 1/2 magazine carbine, to me.
Were the receivers not already drilled and tapped for peepers in '27?
Time was, you could write to Winchester with a description of your gun and the serial number and they could tell you all about it.
FWIW, that was still a fairly popular caliber/gun to use around here, when I was kid in the 60's / 70's.
Winchester still makes ammo in that caliber (X2535). 117gr. sp, MV 2230 ME 1292.

Dean

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads