JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So im new to rifles, what scope and mount and rings would you reccomend for a Husqvarna 1640 Rifle in 30-06? Im confused cause where i would mount the rails, there are some little screws im supposed to take out to put in the mount or scope and i dont know what i would specifically need. thanks for the help

So im new to rifles, what scope and mount and rings would you reccomend for a Husqvarna 1640 Rifle in 30-06? Im confused cause where i would mount the rails, there are some little screws im supposed to take out to put in the mount or scope and i dont know what i would specifically need. thanks for the help

If your receiver is drilled and tapped for a scope base,which it sounds like since you state they are there,you will need to find the correct base.
Your rings will be dependant on the type of scope,and the size of the bell(usually measured in MM).
Here is a link that may help you find what you need.
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...-Chart-Apeture-Sights-Updated-October-22-2009

If you are unsure of doing the job yourself,find a local reputable gunsmith to do the work for you,but it really isn't very difficult even for a first timer.
There are a few tricks to properly mounting the rings and scope,maybe have a friend that is familiar with the procedure give you a hand the 1st time.
You can always post up any problems you have on here,lots of good folks willing to guide you through the procedure.
RK

ok so first i need the correct base...any suggestions on where i can look? links appreciated.
As for the scope itself, for 30-06, whats a good scope that wont lose its Zero after every shot ( ive only had crappy scopes for airsoft guns prior )

Ok new question. I found the base for scope, now as for scope rings, for a nikon prostaff 3-9x40 scope, what size rings do i need, will 1inch work or do i need 30mm size rings? thanks!

That will depend on the tube diameter of the scope.( main body of the scope not the lens)
You can measure the tube with calipers,or look on the box as many times it will be listed on it.
Post up the scopes model#.
RK

Ok so i found the mounts, i went with a leupold one peice mount and leupold rings i got at a local store, they even installed it for me and it fits nice :) and my nikon prostaff will fit nicely inside. thanks for the help guys. i will post the leupold mount that fit in case anyone seaching the net trying to figure out the same stumbles upon this it can help :D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews